Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity
- Detection method: Colorimetric/Fluorometric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Sample type: Cell culture media, Cell Lysate, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Lysate
- Sensitivity: 1 nmol/well
Product nameFlavin Adenine Dinucleotide (FAD) Assay Kit
Sample typeSerum, Plasma, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media, Tissue Lysate
Assay typeEnzyme activity
Sensitivity< 1 nmol/well
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
Flavin Adenine Dinucleotide (FAD) Assay Kit (ab204710) is an assay where FAD functions as the cofactor of an oxidase which catalyze the formation of a product that reacts with OxiRed probe generating color and fluorescence. FAD can be detected by either colorimetric (OD=570 nm) or fluorometric (Ex/Em=535/587 nm) methods. The kit provides a rapid, simple, ultra-sensitive, and reliable test suitable for high throughput assay of FAD. The lower limit of detection is less than 1 nM FAD.
FAD assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- add reaction mix
- analyze with microplate reader until absorbance reaches 1.8 at 570 nm (or stop before then)
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K357 FAD Colorimetric/Fluorometric Assay Kit. K357-100 is the same size as the 100 test size of ab204710.
Flavin Adenine Dinucleotide (FAD) is a redox cofactor which plays an important role in metabolism. FAD exists in different redox states and cycles between FAD, FADH and FADH2. The primary sources of reduced FAD in eukaryotic metabolism are the citric acid cycle and the beta oxidation reaction pathways.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests FAD Assay Buffer 1 x 25ml FAD Enzyme Mix (lyophilized) 1 vial FAD Standard (1 nmol, lyophilized) 1 vial OxiRed Probe (in DMSO) 1 x 200µl Stop Solution 1 x 1.2ml
ab204710 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Vinckier NK et al. LSD1-mediated enhancer silencing attenuates retinoic acid signalling during pancreatic endocrine cell development. Nat Commun 11:2082 (2020). PubMed: 32350257
- Wang J et al. Multi-metal Restriction by Calprotectin Impacts De Novo Flavin Biosynthesis in Acinetobacter baumannii. Cell Chem Biol 26:745-755.e7 (2019). PubMed: 30905682
- Nagano T et al. d-amino acid oxidase promotes cellular senescence via the production of reactive oxygen species. Life Sci Alliance 2:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30659069
- Yong D et al. Autofluorescence spectroscopy in redox monitoring across cell confluencies. PLoS One 14:e0226757 (2019). PubMed: 31851724