Key features and details
- Cell-permeable fluorescent calcium Indicator.
- CAS Number: 121714-22-5
- Purity: > 95%
- Soluble in DMSO
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameFluo-3 AM, Fluorescent calcium Indicator
DescriptionCell-permeable fluorescent calcium Indicator.
- 1-[2-Amino-5-(2,7-dichloro-6-hydroxy-3-oxo-9-xanthenyl)phenoxy]-2-(2-amino-5-methylphenoxy)ethane-N,N,N',N'-tetraacetic acid, pentaacetoxymethyl ester
- Fluo-3 acetoxymethyl ester
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
For more information on AM esters please visit our AM esters FAQ page.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab145254 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zhang F et al. Obesity-induced overexpression of miR-802 impairs insulin transcription and secretion. Nat Commun 11:1822 (2020). PubMed: 32286278
- Chen Y et al. Baicalein inhibits fibronectin-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition by decreasing activation and upregulation of calpain-2. Cell Death Dis 10:341 (2019). PubMed: 31000696
- Yuan H et al. Calcium-sensing receptor promotes high glucose-induced myocardial fibrosis via upregulation of the TGF-ß1/Smads pathway in cardiac fibroblasts. Mol Med Rep 20:1093-1102 (2019). PubMed: 31173208