Key features and details
- Medium affinity green fluorescent calcium binding dye. Cell-permeable.
- CAS Number: 1345980-40-6
Soluble in DMSO
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameFluo-8 AM, green fluorescent calcium binding dye
DescriptionMedium affinity green fluorescent calcium binding dye. Cell-permeable.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Soluble in DMSO
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
For more information on AM esters please visit our AM esters FAQ page.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab142773, Fluo-8 AM, green fluorescent calcium binding dye
FFA treatments increase Ca2+ influx to induce ERS in β-TC3 cells.
β-TC3 cells were incubated with FFA or BSA for 16 h, and then stimulated with 4 µM thapsigargin for 20 min to activate store-operated Ca2+ entry. Fluorescence densities of Ca2+ change were monitored in Fluo-8/AM-loaded β-TC3 cells after FFA or BSA treatments.
(From Figure 2B of Cui et al)
U2OS cells were seeded overnight at 40,000 cells per 100 µL per well in a 96-well black wall/clear bottom costar plate. The growth medium was removed, and the cells were incubated with 100 µl of 4 µM Fluo-4 AM or Fluo-8® AM in HHBS at 37 °C, 5% CO2 incubator for 1 hour. The cells were washed twice with 200 µl HHBS, then imaged with a fluorescence microscope using FITC channel.
Fluo-8 vs Fluo-4 sensitivity to calcium release in HEK-293 cells induced by Carbachol.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142773 has been referenced in 28 publications.
- Luo Q et al. Antioxidant activity of mesenchymal stem cell-derived extracellular vesicles restores hippocampal neurons following seizure damage. Theranostics 11:5986-6005 (2021). PubMed: 33897894
- Dries E et al. CaMKII inhibition reduces arrhythmogenic Ca2+ events in subendocardial cryoinjured rat living myocardial slices. J Gen Physiol 153:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33956073
- Li Y et al. Songorine promotes cardiac mitochondrial biogenesis via Nrf2 induction during sepsis. Redox Biol 38:101771 (2021). PubMed: 33189984
- Zummo FP et al. Exendin-4 stimulates autophagy in pancreatic ß-cells via the RAPGEF/EPAC-Ca2+-PPP3/calcineurin-TFEB axis. Autophagy N/A:1-17 (2021). PubMed: 34338148
- Ingelfinger R et al. Unraveling the Pharmacological Potential of Lichen Extracts in the Context of Cancer and Inflammation With a Broad Screening Approach. Front Pharmacol 11:1322 (2020). PubMed: 33013369