Product nameFluo-8 AM, green fluorescent calcium binding dye
DescriptionMedium affinity green fluorescent calcium binding dye. Cell-permeable.
Medium affinity green fluorescent calcium binding dye. Binds to intracellular calcium (Kd = 390 nM). Fluorescence intensity increases upon Ca2+ binding. Cell-permeable.
Fluo-8 (or Fluo-2 Medium Affinity) has been found to be brighter (1.5x) than Fluo-4 in cellular experiments. It offers improved cell loading and Ca2+ response while maintaining the convenient Fluo-3 and Fluo-4 spectral wavelength of maximum excitation at 490 nm and maximum emission at 520 nm. Fluo-8 loading can be performed at room temperature.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Soluble in DMSO
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
For more information on AM esters please visit our AM esters FAQ page.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
FFA treatments increase Ca2+ influx to induce ERS in β-TC3 cells.
β-TC3 cells were incubated with FFA or BSA for 16 h, and then stimulated with 4 µM thapsigargin for 20 min to activate store-operated Ca2+ entry. Fluorescence densities of Ca2+ change were monitored in Fluo-8/AM-loaded β-TC3 cells after FFA or BSA treatments.
(From Figure 2B of Cui et al)
U2OS cells were seeded overnight at 40,000 cells per 100 µL per well in a 96-well black wall/clear bottom costar plate. The growth medium was removed, and the cells were incubated with 100 µl of 4 µM Fluo-4 AM or Fluo-8® AM in HHBS at 37 °C, 5% CO2 incubator for 1 hour. The cells were washed twice with 200 µl HHBS, then imaged with a fluorescence microscope using FITC channel.
Fluo-8 vs Fluo-4 sensitivity to calcium release in HEK-293 cells induced by Carbachol.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142773 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Liu L et al. TRPM7 promotes the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in ovarian cancer through the calcium-related PI3K / AKT oncogenic signaling. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:106 (2019). PubMed: 30819230
- Domínguez A et al. Effect of perfluorodecanoic acid on pig oocyte viability, intracellular calcium levels and gap junction intercellular communication during oocyte maturation in vitro. Toxicol In Vitro 58:224-229 (2019). PubMed: 30946969
- Bender BJ et al. Structural Model of Ghrelin Bound to its G Protein-Coupled Receptor. Structure 27:537-544.e4 (2019). PubMed: 30686667
- Datta G et al. HIV-1 gp120 Promotes Lysosomal Exocytosis in Human Schwann Cells. Front Cell Neurosci 13:329 (2019). PubMed: 31379513
- Ageeva LV et al. Data supporting that adipose-derived mesenchymal stem/stromal cells express angiotensin II receptors in situ and in vitro. Data Brief 16:327-333 (2018). PubMed: 29234689