Product nameFluoroshield Mounting Medium
See all Fluoroshield reagents
Fluoroshield ab104135 is an aqueous mounting medium for preserving fluorescence of tissue and cell smears. This unique formula prevents rapid photobleaching of FITC, Texas Red, AMCA, Cy2, Cy3, Cy5, Green fluorescent protein (GFP), tetramethyly rhodamine, Redox, phycoerythrin (R-PE), phyocyanin (PC), and allophycocyanin (APC). The fluorescence is retained during prolonged storage at 4°C in the dark. This medium does not contain phenylenediamine, which destroys immunofluorescence of Cy dyes, R-PE, PC and APC.
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with distilled or deionized, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles.
- Apply 3-4 drops of mounting medium directly on top of the specimen and spread out evenly by tilting slide back and forth or spread evenly with a 0.2 ml plastic pipette tip making sure the tissue is not touched. Excess medium can be removed by touching the edges of slide against paper towel.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
- Apply cover slip carefully avoiding air bubbles.
- The specimen is ready for visualization under a microscope.
- One can seal the edges of cover slip with nail polish, any organic medium or our Organo mounting medium (ab104141). If a coverslip is not sealed air bubbles will appear in few days.
- For storage it is recommended that the slide be stored in the dark at 2-8°C.
Removal of Coverslip Coverslip can be removed before sealing the edges. Soak slide in warm (37°C) distilled or deiononized water for several minutes. Carefully and slowly move the coverslip. Soak in water for an additional few minutes to remove coverslip. Rinse slide several times with warm water to remove all mounting medium. The slide can be remounted again.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 4% Proprietary component, 84% Water
Concentration information loading...
This product has been referenced in:
- Castelucci BG et al. Time-dependent regulation of morphological changes and cartilage differentiation markers in the mouse pubic symphysis during pregnancy and postpartum recovery. PLoS One 13:e0195304 (2018). IHC-Fr . Read more (PubMed: 29621303) »
- Hwang J et al. In Situ Imaging of Tissue Remodeling with Collagen Hybridizing Peptides. ACS Nano 11:9825-9835 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28877431) »