Product nameFluoroshield Mounting Medium With DAPI (100 ml)
See all Fluoroshield reagents
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
General notesFluoroshield with DAPI is an aqueous mounting medium for preserving fluorescence of tissue and cell smears. This unique formula prevents rapid photobleaching of FITC, Texas Red, AMCA, Cy2, Cy3, Cy5, Alexa fluoro 488, Alexa fluoro 594, Green fluorescent protein (GFP), tetramethyly rhodamine, Redox. Phycoerythrin (RP-E), Phyocyanin (PC), and Allophycocyanin (APC). Fluorescence is retained during prolonged storage at 4oC in the dark. This medium does not contain phenylenediamine, which destroys immunofluorescence of Cy dyes, RP-E, PC and APC. This mounting medium is fortified with DAPI which is a counter-stain for DNA. This product is to be used in situ hybridization techniques or other methods where fluorescence of DNA staining is required. DAPI excites at 360nm and emits at 460nm, producing a blue fluorescence. RNA is also stained with DAPI. Procedure
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with distilled or deionized, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles.
- Apply 3-4 drops of mounting medium directly on top of the specimen and spread out evenly by tilting slide back and forth or spread evenly with a 0.2 ml plastic pipette tip making sure the tissue is not touched. Excess medium can be removed by touching the edges of slide against paper towel.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
- Apply cover slip carefully avoiding air bubbles.
- The specimen is ready for visualization under a microscope.
- One can seal the edges of cover slip with nail polish, any organic medium or our Organo mounting medium (ab104141). If a coverslip is not sealed air bubbles will appear in few days.
- For storage it is recommended that the slide be stored in the dark at 2-8°C.
Removal of Coverslip Coverslip can be removed before sealing the edges. Soak slide in warm (37°C) distilled or deiononized water for several minutes. Carefully and slowly move the coverslip. Soak in water for an additional few minutes to remove coverslip. Rinse slide several times with warm water to remove all mounting medium. The slide can be remounted again.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0002% DAPI, 84% Water, Proprietary component
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab104140 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
This product has been referenced in:
- Ribeiro SB et al. Protective effect of dexamethasone on 5-FU-induced oral mucositis in hamsters. PLoS One 12:e0186511 (2017). IF . Read more (PubMed: 29059216) »
- Wang H et al. Induction of Germ Cell-like Cells from Porcine Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. Sci Rep 6:27256 (2016). ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 27264660) »