Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Folate Binding Protein/FBP (HRP)
- Suitable for: WB, Dot blot, ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, Immunomicroscopy
- Reacts with: Cow
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Folate Binding Protein/FBP antibody (HRP)
See all Folate Binding Protein/FBP primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Folate Binding Protein/FBP (HRP)
This antibody targets both purified and partially purified Folate Binding Protein/FBP from bovine milk.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Dot blot, ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, Immunomicroscopymore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Cow
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Cow Folate Binding Protein/FBP. (bovine milk)
Previously labelled as Folate Binding Protein
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Gentamicin sulphate
Polyethylene glycol (PEG 8000)
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified from monospecific antiserum by delipidation, fractionation and ion exchange chromatography.
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20572 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa.|
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||1/2000 - 1/12000.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/200.|
|IHC-Fr||1/100 - 1/200.|
|Immunomicroscopy||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
FunctionBinds to folate and reduced folic acid derivatives and mediates delivery of 5-methyltetrahydrofolate to the interior of cells.
Tissue specificityExclusively expressed in tissues of epithelial origin. Expression is increased in malignant tissues. Expressed in kidney, lung and cerebellum.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in FOLR1 are the cause of neurodegeneration due to cerebral folate transport deficiency (NCFTD) [MIM:613068]. NCFTD is an autosomal recessive disorder resulting from brain-specific folate deficiency early in life. Onset is apparent in late infancy with severe developmental regression, movement disturbances, epilepsy, and leukodystrophy. Note=Recognition and diagnosis of this disorder is critical because folinic acid therapy can reverse the clinical symptoms and improve brain abnormalities and function.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the folate receptor family.
modificationsEight disulfide bonds are present.
The secreted form is derived from the membrane-bound form either by cleavage of the GPI anchor, or/and by proteolysis catalyzed by a metalloprotease.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Secreted.
- Information by UniProt
- adult antibody
- Adult folate binding protein antibody
- Adult folate-binding protein antibody
ab20572 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Gao E et al. Enterovirus type 71-immunized chicken egg yolk immunoglobulin has cross antiviral activity against coxsackievirus A16 in vitro. Exp Ther Med 18:332-341 (2019). PubMed: 31258670
- Siu MK et al. Paradoxical impact of two folate receptors, FRa and RFC, in ovarian cancer: effect on cell proliferation, invasion and clinical outcome. PLoS One 7:e47201 (2012). IHC-P . PubMed: 23144806