Product nameAnti-Follistatin antibody
See all Follistatin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Follistatin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant Human Follistatin protein
- Recombinant human Follistatin protein (ab50163) can be used as a positive control in WB. This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Lysates: U2OS Whole Cell, Mouse Liver Tissue, Raji Whole Cell, MOLT4 Whole Cell, Mouse Colon Tissue, Rat Liver Tissue
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64490 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
FunctionBinds directly to activin and functions as an activin antagonist. Specific inhibitor of the biosynthesis and secretion of pituitary follicle stimulating hormone (FSH).
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is the predominant isoform in serum but is undetectable in follicular fluid.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 follistatin-like domains.
Contains 3 Kazal-like domains.
Contains 1 TB (TGF-beta binding) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Activin binding protein antibody
- Activin-binding protein antibody
- Follistatin antibody
All lanes : Anti-Follistatin antibody (ab64490) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : U2OS (Human osteosarcoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Raji (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : MOLT4 (Human acute lymphoblastic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : Colon (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 6 : Liver (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa
Additional bands at: 15 kDa, 75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 1 minute
This product has been referenced in:
- Singh R et al. Metabolic profiling of follistatin overexpression: a novel therapeutic strategy for metabolic diseases. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 11:65-84 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29618935) »
- Fitzgerald AM et al. The effects of transforming growth factor-ß2 on the expression of follistatin and activin A in normal and glaucomatous human trabecular meshwork cells and tissues. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:7358-69 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 23010638) »