Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Follistatin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Follistatin antibody
See all Follistatin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Follistatin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant Human Follistatin protein
- Recombinant human Follistatin protein (ab50163) can be used as a positive control in WB. This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Lysates: U2OS Whole Cell, Mouse Liver Tissue, Raji Whole Cell, MOLT4 Whole Cell, Mouse Colon Tissue, Rat Liver Tissue
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64490 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
FunctionBinds directly to activin and functions as an activin antagonist. Specific inhibitor of the biosynthesis and secretion of pituitary follicle stimulating hormone (FSH).
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is the predominant isoform in serum but is undetectable in follicular fluid.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 follistatin-like domains.
Contains 3 Kazal-like domains.
Contains 1 TB (TGF-beta binding) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Activin binding protein antibody
- Activin-binding protein antibody
- Follistatin antibody
All lanes : Anti-Follistatin antibody (ab64490) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : U2OS (Human osteosarcoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Raji (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : MOLT4 (Human acute lymphoblastic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : Colon (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 6 : Liver (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa
Additional bands at: 15 kDa, 75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 1 minute
ab64490 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Liu N et al. Telomere dysfunction impairs epidermal stem cell specification and differentiation by disrupting BMP/pSmad/P63 signaling. PLoS Genet 15:e1008368 (2019). PubMed: 31518356
- Singh R et al. Metabolic profiling of follistatin overexpression: a novel therapeutic strategy for metabolic diseases. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 11:65-84 (2018). PubMed: 29618935
- Fitzgerald AM et al. The effects of transforming growth factor-ß2 on the expression of follistatin and activin A in normal and glaucomatous human trabecular meshwork cells and tissues. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:7358-69 (2012). WB . PubMed: 23010638
- Garcia LA et al. 1,25(OH)2vitamin D3 stimulates myogenic differentiation by inhibiting cell proliferation and modulating the expression of promyogenic growth factors and myostatin in C2C12 skeletal muscle cells. Endocrinology 152:2976-86 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21673099