Product nameFontana-Masson Stain Kit (Melanin Stain)
The Fontana-Masson Stain is intended for use in the histological visualization of Argentaffin cells and Melanin in paraffin or frozen sections. In addition, the Fontana-Masson stain has been reported to be useful in identifying Capsule-Deficient Cryptococcus Neoformans and typical Cryptococcus Neoformans.
Other products for staining tissue sections
Find more kits and reagents in the special stains guide, or products for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Argentaffin Cells Black Melanin Black Nuclei Red Cytoplasm Light Pink Cryptococci Cell Wall Black
Control Tissue: Any paraffin-embedded tissue that contains Hair Follicles or Skin for Melanin. Small intestine for Argentaffin.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Gold Chloride Solution (0.2%) 1 x 125ml Nuclear Fast Red Solution 1 x 125ml Silver Nitrate Solution (10%) 5 x 9ml Sodium Thiosulfate Solution (5%) 1 x 125ml
ab150669 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Ivanova IA et al. Targeting FER Kinase Inhibits Melanoma Growth and Metastasis. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30909648
- Lee J et al. Hair Follicle Development in Mouse Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Skin Organoids. Cell Rep 22:242-254 (2018). PubMed: 29298425
- Malcov-Brog H et al. UV-Protection Timer Controls Linkage between Stress and Pigmentation Skin Protection Systems. Mol Cell 72:444-456.e7 (2018). PubMed: 30401431
- Qi Q et al. Geniposide inhibited endothelial-mesenchymal transition via the mTOR signaling pathway in a bleomycin-induced scleroderma mouse model. Am J Transl Res 9:1025-1036 (2017). PubMed: 28386330
- Ko JW et al. Pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®) suppresses cigarette smoke-induced fibrotic response via transforming growth factor-ß1/Smad family member 2/3 signaling. Lab Anim Res 33:76-83 (2017). PubMed: 28747971
- Shi H et al. Analgesic activity of cynaropicrinon on post-inflammatory irritable bowel syndrome visceral hypersensitivity in a rat model. Exp Ther Med 14:4476-4482 (2017). PubMed: 29067122
- Crawford M et al. A reporter mouse model forin vivotracing andin vitromolecular studies of melanocytic lineage cells and their diseases. Biol Open 6:1219-1228 (2017). PubMed: 28642245
- Yang Y et al. The Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Guchangzhixie-Pill by Reducing Colonic EC Cell Hyperplasia and Serotonin Availability in an Ulcerative Colitis Rat Model. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2017:8547257 (2017). PubMed: 28845184
- Coelho PA et al. Over-expression of Plk4 induces centrosome amplification, loss of primary cilia and associated tissue hyperplasia in the mouse. Open Biol 5:N/A (2015). PubMed: 26701933
- Martin DM & Crabb HS Calcium hydroxide in root canal therapy. A review. Br Dent J 142:277-83 (1977). PubMed: 15580