Product nameFontana-Masson Stain Kit (Melanin Stain)
The Fontana-Masson Stain is intended for use in the histological visualization of Argentaffin cells and Melanin in paraffin or frozen sections. In addition, the Fontana-Masson stain has been reported to be useful in identifying Capsule-Deficient Cryptococcus Neoformans and typical Cryptococcus Neoformans.
Other products for staining tissue sections
Find more kits and reagents in the special stains guide, or products for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Argentaffin Cells Black Melanin Black Nuclei Red Cytoplasm Light Pink Cryptococci Cell Wall Black
Control Tissue: Any paraffin-embedded tissue that contains Hair Follicles or Skin for Melanin. Small intestine for Argentaffin.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Gold Chloride Solution (0.2%) 1 x 125ml Nuclear Fast Red Solution 1 x 125ml Silver Nitrate Solution (10%) 5 x 9ml Sodium Thiosulfate Solution (5%) 1 x 125ml
ab150669 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Arnette CR et al. Keratinocyte cadherin desmoglein 1 controls melanocyte behavior through paracrine signaling. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 33:305-317 (2020). PubMed: 31563153
- Dutta S et al. Hypopigmentation in burns is associated with alterations in the architecture of the skin and the dendricity of the melanocytes. Burns 46:906-917 (2020). PubMed: 31685389
- Dahlstrand U et al. Extended-wavelength diffuse reflectance spectroscopy with a machine-learning method for in vivo tissue classification. PLoS One 14:e0223682 (2019). PubMed: 31600296
- Ivanova IA et al. Targeting FER Kinase Inhibits Melanoma Growth and Metastasis. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30909648
- Liu YX et al. MiR-let-7a/f-CCR7 signaling is involved in the anti-metastatic effects of an herbal formula comprising Sophorae Flos and Lonicerae Japonicae Flos in melanoma. Phytomedicine 64:153084 (2019). PubMed: 31514083