Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Forkhead box protein O/dFOXO - N-terminal
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Drosophila melanogaster
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Forkhead box protein O/dFOXO antibody - N-terminal
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Forkhead box protein O/dFOXO - N-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Drosophila melanogaster
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Drosophila melanogaster Forkhead box protein O/dFOXO (N terminal).
Database link: Q95V55
Previously labelled as Forkhead box protein O.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 100 uL distilled water.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: 1.21% Tris buffer, 0.75% Glycine, 2% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab195977 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 67 kDa.|
FunctionTranscription factor involved in the regulation of the insulin signaling pathway. Consistently activates both the downstream target Thor\d4EBP and the feedback control target InR. Involved in negative regulation of the cell cycle, modulating cell growth and proliferation. In response to cellular stresses, such as nutrient deprivation or increased levels of reactive oxygen species, foxo is activated and inhibits growth through the action of target genes such as Thor. Foxo activated in the adult fat body can regulate lifespan in adults; an insulin peptide itself may function as one secondary messenger of insulin-regulated aging. Also regulates Lip4, homolog of human acid lipases, thereby acting as a key modulator of lipid metabolism by insulin signaling and integrates insulin responses to glucose and lipid homeostasis.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 fork-head DNA-binding domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. When phosphorylated, translocated from nucleus to cytoplasm. Dephosphorylation triggers nuclear translocation.
- Information by UniProt
- dFOXO antibody
- Forkhead box protein O antibody
- foxo antibody
ab195977 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zhang F et al. Mitochondria regulate intestinal stem cell proliferation and epithelial homeostasis through FOXO. Mol Biol Cell 31:1538-1549 (2020). PubMed: 32374658
- Zhai Y et al. Quantitative Proteomic and Transcriptomic Analyses of Metabolic Regulation of Adult Reproductive Diapause in Drosophila suzukii (Diptera: Drosophilidae) Females. Front Physiol 10:344 (2019). PubMed: 31019467
- Guo P et al. Effect and mechanism of fuzhisan and donepezil on the sirtuin 1 pathway and amyloid precursor protein metabolism in PC12 cells. Mol Med Rep 13:3539-46 (2016). PubMed: 26936536