Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [83B1138] to Fos B
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Fos B antibody [83B1138]
See all Fos B primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [83B1138] to Fos B
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
This antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to human Fos B.
- HeLa whole-cell extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesAffinity purified.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11959 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||1/500 - 1/5000.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 46 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 40.6 kDa).|
FunctionFosB interacts with Jun proteins enhancing their DNA binding activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. Fos subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Activator protein 1 antibody
- AP 1 antibody
- DKFZp686C0818 antibody
ab11959 staining Human Fos B (upper band) in HeLa whole cell lysate by Western blot (ECL). The lower band is thought to be an isoform of FosB. ab11959 staining Human Fos B (upper band) in HeLa whole cell lysate by Western blot (ECL). The lower band is thought to be an isoform of FosB.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab11959 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab11959, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab11959 Fos B antibody immunostaining (red) in mouse brain cortex showing the striatum. Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde, before incubation with the antibody (1/3000) for 18 hours at 25ºC. A donkey anti-mouse Alexa Fluor® 568 conjugated secondary was used at 1/1000.
ab11959 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Noye Tuplin EW & Holahan MR Exploring time-dependent changes in conditioned place preference for food reward and associated changes in the nucleus accumbens. Behav Brain Res 361:14-25 (2019). PubMed: 30576721
- Qiao Y et al. Collateral Projections from the Lateral Parabrachial Nucleus to the Central Amygdaloid Nucleus and the Ventral Tegmental Area in the Rat. Anat Rec (Hoboken) 302:1178-1186 (2019). PubMed: 30332715
- Osacka J et al. Clozapine impact on FosB/?FosB expression in stress preconditioned rats: response to a novel stressor. Endocr Regul 53:83-92 (2019). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 31517626
- Kovács LÁ et al. Corticotropin-Releasing Factor-Producing Cells in the Paraventricular Nucleus of the Hypothalamus and Extended Amygdala Show Age-Dependent FOS and FOSB/DeltaFOSB Immunoreactivity in Acute and Chronic Stress Models in the Rat. Front Aging Neurosci 11:274 (2019). PubMed: 31649527
- Ingallinesi M et al. Knock-Down of GPR88 in the Dorsal Striatum Alters the Response of Medium Spiny Neurons to the Loss of Dopamine Input and L-3-4-Dyhydroxyphenylalanine. Front Pharmacol 10:1233 (2019). PubMed: 31708775