For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
I would like know if the antibodie Anti-FOXG1 [antibody [mAbcam 51774] (ab51774)] is reactive with chicken, and if the antibodie can be used to immunofluorescence staining in parafin.
Asked on May 07 2012
Thank you for contacting us.
Unfortunately ab51774 has not been tested either with Chicken, nor IHC-P. It doesn’t mean it won’t work in this species / application, but we don’t have data to support it.
However, due to sequence homology, the antibody is very likely to cross react with Chicken. If you are interested in participating in our antibodies evaluation system (Abreview), and test ab51774 with IH –P and / or chicken species (by WB or Flow Cytometry) I will be happy to offer a discount code for a future purchase if you submit the results (in a form of an Abreview) to our website.
Therefore, I can offer a discount off a future purchase if you buy an antibody and test it in a new species or with a new application and submit feedback to us in the form of an Abreview. It doesn’t matter whether the Abreview is positive or negative, we would just really like to receive your feedback. The discount would be to the value of 1 free primary antibody.
If you are interested in this offer, please follow these steps:
1. Reply to this e-mail to let me know that you would like to proceed and test ab51774 in IHC-P and / or chicken species. I will then send a discount code. This code must be issued before purchasing the antibody so please wait for my reply before ordering.
2. Purchase the antibody either by phone, fax, or online (www.abcam.com).
3. Test it in the new species / application.
4. Let us know the results, positive or negative, using our Abreview system (this will take about 10 minutes and images are great if you have them!).
To find out more about our Abreview system, please visit: https://www.abcam.com/abreviews.
5. After the review is submitted to us, the discount code becomes active. Simply place your new order by phone, fax, or on the web and mention the discount code. The discount can be redeemed for any primary antibody ordered and the discount code is valid for 4 months after issue.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this offer and I would be happy to help you further.
The Terms and Conditions of this offer can be found at: http://ops.adminsite.com/admin/crm2/www.abcam.com/collaborationdiscount.
I hope this information is helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any more advice or information.
Answered on May 07 2012