Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to FOXL2
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-FOXL2 antibody
See all FOXL2 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to FOXL2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Goat, Cow
- WB: K562 and HeLa cell lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5096 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45-50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa).
Primary incubation 1 hour at room temperature.
FunctionTranscriptional regulator. Critical factor essential for ovary differentiation and maintenance, and repression of the genetic program for somatic testis determination. Prevents trans-differentiation of ovary to testis throught transcriptional repression of the Sertoli cell-promoting gene SOX9 (By similarity). Has apoptotic activity in ovarian cells. Suppresses ESR1-mediated transcription of PTGS2/COX2 stimulated by tamoxifen (By similarity). Is a regulator of CYP19 expression (By similarity). Participates in SMAD3-dependent transcription of FST via the intronic SMAD-binding element (By similarity). Is a transcriptional repressor of STAR. Activates SIRT1 transcription under cellular stress conditions. Activates transcription of OSR2.
Tissue specificityIn addition to its expression in the developing eyelid, it is transcribed very early in somatic cells of the developing gonad (before sex determination) and its expression persists in the follicular cells of the adult ovary.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in FOXL2 are a cause of blepharophimosis, ptosis, and epicanthus inversus syndrome (BPES) [MIM:110100]; also known as blepharophimosis syndrome. It is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by eyelid dysplasia, small palpebral fissures, drooping eyelids and a skin fold running inward and upward from the lower lid. In type I BPSE (BPES1) eyelid abnormalities are associated with female infertility. Affected females show an ovarian deficit due to primary amenorrhea or to premature ovarian failure (POF). In type II BPSE (BPES2) affected individuals show only the eyelid defects. There is a mutational hotspot in the region coding for the poly-Ala domain, since 30% of all mutations in the ORF lead to poly-Ala expansions, resulting mainly in BPES type II.
Defects in FOXL2 are a cause of premature ovarian failure type 3 (POF3) [MIM:608996]. An ovarian disorder defined as the cessation of ovarian function under the age of 40 years. It is characterized by oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea, in the presence of elevated levels of serum gonadotropins and low estradiol.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 fork-head DNA-binding domain.
modificationsSumoylated by SUMO1; sumoylation is required for transcriptional repression activity.
- Information by UniProt
- Blepharophimosis antibody
- Blepharophimosis epicanthus inversus and ptosis 1 antibody
- Blepharophimosis epicanthus inversus and ptosis antibody
All lanes : Anti-FOXL2 antibody (ab5096) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : K562 cell lysate, 35µg protein in RIPA buffer
Lanes 2 & 4 : K562 cell lysate incubated with immunizing peptide, 35µg protein in RIPA buffer
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate, 35µg protein in RIPA buffer
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Observed band size: 35 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Primary incubation 1 hour at room temperature.
ab5096 has been referenced in 36 publications.
- Wen J et al. GSK-3ß protects fetal oocytes from premature death via modulating TAp63 expression in mice. BMC Biol 17:23 (2019). PubMed: 30866939
- Yokoyama T et al. Genetic differences between C57BL/6 substrains affect the process of testis differentiation in YPOS mice. J Vet Med Sci 81:608-611 (2019). PubMed: 30828038
- Wu J et al. Estrogen regulates forkhead transcription factor 2 to promote apoptosis of human ovarian granulosa-like tumor cells. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 194:105418 (2019). PubMed: 31376461
- Marcozzi S et al. Distinct effects of epirubicin, cisplatin and cyclophosphamide on ovarian somatic cells of prepuberal ovaries. Aging (Albany NY) 11:10532-10556 (2019). PubMed: 31711044
- Fu A et al. Dynamic expression patterns of Irx3 and Irx5 during germline nest breakdown and primordial follicle formation promote follicle survival in mouse ovaries. PLoS Genet 14:e1007488 (2018). PubMed: 30071018