Product nameAnti-FOXO1A antibody [EP927Y]
See all FOXO1A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP927Y] to FOXO1A
Specificityab52857 recognizes both phosphorylated and unphosphorylated FOXO1A. The immunogen used for this product shares 85% homology with FOXO3. Cross-reactivity with this protein has not been confirmed experimentally.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, WBmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human FOXO1A (phospho S329). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: NIH/3T3 cell lysate. IHC-P: Human bladder carcinoma tissue. ICC/IF: HeLa cells. Flow Cyt: HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Anti-FOXO1A antibody [EP927Y] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab200694)
- Anti-FOXO1A antibody [EP927Y] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab200695)
- Anti-FOXO1A antibody [EP927Y] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab207242)
- Anti-FOXO1A antibody [EP927Y] (Alexa Fluor® 405) (ab207243)
- Anti-FOXO1A antibody [EP927Y] (Alexa Fluor® 555) (ab207244)
- Anti-FOXO1A antibody [EP927Y] (Alexa Fluor® 568) (ab207245)
- Anti-FOXO1A antibody [EP927Y] - BSA and Azide free (ab219734)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52857 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).|
FunctionTranscription factor which acts as a regulator of cell responses to oxidative stress. In the presence of KIRT1, mediates down-regulation of cyclin D1 and up-regulation of CDKN1B levels which are required for cell transition from proliferative growth to quiescence.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in FOXO1 are a cause of rhabdomyosarcoma type 2 (RMS2) [MIM:268220]. It is a form of rhabdomyosarcoma, a highly malignant tumor of striated muscle derived from primitive mesenchimal cells and exhibiting differentiation along rhabdomyoblastic lines. Rhabdomyosarcoma is one of the most frequently occurring soft tissue sarcomas and the most common in children. It occurs in four forms: alveolar, pleomorphic, embryonal and botryoidal rhabdomyosarcomas. Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving FOXO1 are found in rhabdomyosarcoma. Translocation (2;13)(q35;q14) with PAX3; translocation t(1;13)(p36;q14) with PAX7. The resulting protein is a transcriptional activator.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 fork-head DNA-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by AKT1; insulin-induced (By similarity). IGF1 rapidly induces phosphorylation of Ser-256, Thr-24, and Ser-319. Phosphorylation of Ser-256 decreases DNA-binding activity and promotes the phosphorylation of Thr-24, and Ser-319, permitting phosphorylation of Ser-322 and Ser-325, probably by CK1, leading to nuclear exclusion and loss of function. Phosphorylation of Ser-329 is independent of IGF1 and leads to reduced function. Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between cytoplasm and nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- FKH 1 antibody
- FKH1 antibody
- FKHR antibody
Anti-FOXO1A antibody [EP927Y] (ab52857) at 1/1000 dilution + NIH/3T3 cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 70 kDa
Observed band size: 70 kDa
ab52857 at 1/250 dilution staining FOXO1A in human bladder carcinoma by Immunohistochemisty, Paraffin embedded tissue.
ab52857 at 1/100 dilution staining FOXO1A in HeLa cells by Immunocytochemistry.
Flow cytometry analysis of HeLa (human cervix adenocarcinoma) cells labeling FOXO1A (red) with ab52857 at a 1/90 dilution. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 90% methanol. A goat anti-rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at a 1/2000 dilution. Black - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730). Blue (unlabeled control) - Cells without incubation with the primary and secondary antibodies.
This product has been referenced in:
- Feng YL et al. Resveratrol prevents osteoporosis by upregulating FoxO1 transcriptional activity. Int J Mol Med 41:202-212 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29115382) »
- Lin P et al. An autophagy-related gene expression signature for survival prediction in multiple cohorts of hepatocellular carcinoma patients. Oncotarget 9:17368-17395 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29707114) »