Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to FOXO3A
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-FOXO3A antibody
See all FOXO3A primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to FOXO3A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Recombinant Human FOXO3A protein (ab114191) can be used as a positive control in WB. Human heart tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17026 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 72 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionTranscriptional activator which triggers apoptosis in the absence of survival factors, including neuronal cell death upon oxidative stress. Recognizes and binds to the DNA sequence 5'-[AG]TAAA[TC]A-3'.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving FOXO3 is found in secondary acute leukemias. Translocation t(6;11)(q21;q23) with MLL/HRX.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 fork-head DNA-binding domain.
modificationsIn the presence of survival factors such as IGF-1, phosphorylated on Thr-32 and Ser-253 by AKT1/PKB. This phosphorylated form then interacts with 14-3-3 proteins and is retained in the cytoplasm. Survival factor withdrawal induces dephosphorylation and promotes translocation to the nucleus where the dephosphorylated protein induces transcription of target genes and triggers apoptosis. Although AKT1/PKB doesn't appear to phosphorylate Ser-315 directly, it may activate other kinases that trigger phosphorylation at this residue. Phosphorylated by STK4 on Ser-209 upon oxidative stress, which leads to dissociation from YWHAB/14-3-3-beta and nuclear translocation. Phosphorylated by PIM1.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Translocates to the nucleus upon oxidative stress and in the absence of survival factors.
- Information by UniProt
- AF6q21 antibody
- AF6q21 protein antibody
- DKFZp781A0677 antibody
All lanes : Anti-FOXO3A antibody (ab17026) at 0.3 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human Heart tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Human Heart tissue lysate with immunising peptide
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 72 kDa
Observed band size: 70 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Primary incubation was 1 hour. Detected by chemiluminescence.
All lanes : Anti-FOXO3A antibody (ab17026) at 1/1000 dilution
All lanes : Human hepatic epithelial-like cell line (AKN-1) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : Alkaline Phosphatase conjugated-mouse anti-goat IgG monoclonal at 1/15000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under non-reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 72 kDa
Observed band size: 95 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 100 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
Exposure time: 5 minutes
Blocked for 1 hour at 22°C.
Incubated with the primary antibody for 20 hours at 4°C.
ab17026 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Li Z et al. GSK-3ß inhibition protects the rat heart from the lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation injury via suppressing FOXO3A activity. J Cell Mol Med 23:7796-7809 (2019). PubMed: 31503410
- Li X et al. Hsa_circ_0002483 inhibited the progression and enhanced the Taxol sensitivity of non-small cell lung cancer by targeting miR-182-5p. Cell Death Dis 10:953 (2019). PubMed: 31844042
- Tarpey MD et al. Skeletal muscle autophagy and mitophagy in endurance-trained runners before and after a high-fat meal. Mol Metab 6:1597-1609 (2017). PubMed: 29097020
- Liu G et al. aMSH inhibits adipose inflammation via reducing FoxOs transcription and blocking Akt/JNK pathway in mice. Oncotarget 8:47642-47654 (2017). PubMed: 28514752
- Stefanetti RJ et al. Influence of divergent exercise contraction mode and whey protein supplementation on atrogin-1, MuRF1, and FOXO1/3A in human skeletal muscle. J Appl Physiol (1985) 116:1491-502 (2014). PubMed: 24458747
- Stefanetti RJ et al. Ageing has no effect on the regulation of the ubiquitin proteasome-related genes and proteins following resistance exercise. Front Physiol 5:30 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24550841
- Raeis V et al. Central venous hypoxemia is a determinant of human atrial ATP-sensitive potassium channel expression: evidence for a novel hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha-Forkhead box class O signaling pathway. Hypertension 55:1186-92 (2010). PubMed: 20212266
- Philip-Couderc P et al. Forkhead transcription factors coordinate expression of myocardial KATP channel subunits and energy metabolism. Circ Res 102:e20-35 (2008). WB ; Mouse, Rat . PubMed: 18202312
- Stefani M et al. The effect of resveratrol on a cell model of human aging. Ann N Y Acad Sci 1114:407-18 (2007). PubMed: 17804521