Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to FOXO4/AFX
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-FOXO4/AFX antibody
See all FOXO4/AFX primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FOXO4/AFX
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human FOXO4/AFX.
Previously labelled as FOXO4.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63254 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 54 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionTranscription factor involved in the regulation of the insulin signaling pathway. Binds to insulin-response elements (IREs) and can activate transcription of IGFBP1. Down-regulates expression of HIF1A and suppresses hypoxia-induced transcriptional activation of HIF1A-modulated genes. Also involved in negative regulation of the cell cycle.
Tissue specificityHeart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas. Isoform zeta is most abundant in the liver, kidney, and pancreas.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving FOXO4 is found in acute leukemias. Translocation t(X;11)(q13;q23) with MLL/HRX. The result is a rogue activator protein.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 fork-head DNA-binding domain.
modificationsAcetylation by CBP, which is induced by peroxidase stress, inhibits transcriptional activity. Deacetylation by SIRT1 is NAD-dependent and stimulates transcriptional activity.
Phosphorylation by PKB/AKT1 inhibits transcriptional activity and is responsible for cytoplasmic localization.
Monoubiquitinated; monoubiquitination is induced by oxidative stress and reduced by deacetylase inhibitors; results in its relocalization to the nucleus and its increased transcriptional activity. Deubiquitinated by USP7; deubiquitination is induced by oxidative stress; enhances its interaction with USP7 and consequently, deubiquitination; increases its translocation to the cytoplasm and inhibits its transcriptional activity. Hydrogene-peroxide-induced ubiquitination and USP7-mediated deubiquitination have no major effect on its protein stability.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. When phosphorylated, translocated from nucleus to cytoplasm. Dephosphorylation triggers nuclear translocation. Monoubiquitination increases nuclear localization. When deubiquitinated, translocated from nucleus to cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- AFX antibody
- AFX1 antibody
- Afxh antibody
All lanes : Anti-FOXO4/AFX antibody (ab63254) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from K562 cells
Lane 2 : extracts from K562 cells, with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size: 54 kDa
Observed band size: 54 kDa
The amount of positive control loading for the WB is 5-30 ug of total protein. The amount of the peptide for the WB is 5-10 ug.
Immunofluorescence analysis of FOXO4/AFX expression in HeLa cells, using 1/500 ab63254. Left: untreated sample. Right: sample treated with immunising peptide.
Ab63254 staining Human normal pancreas. Staining is localised to the nucleus and cytoplasm.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 1 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the DAKO 3-in-1 antigen retrieval buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ab63254 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Gao R et al. FoxO1 Suppresses Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Lytic Replication and Controls Viral Latency. J Virol 93:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30404794
- Deng Y & Zhang H WITHDRAWN: Knockdown of lncRNA AK139128 alleviates cardiomyocyte autophagy and apoptosis of induced by myocardial hypoxia-reoxygenation injury via targeting miR-499/FOXO4 axis. Gene N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31075407
- Alvarez-Garcia O et al. Age-related reduction in the expression of FOXO transcription factors and correlations with intervertebral disc degeneration. J Orthop Res 35:2682-2691 (2017). PubMed: 28430387
- Ikeda M & Toyoshima F Dormant Pluripotent Cells Emerge during Neural Differentiation of Embryonic Stem Cells in a FoxO3-Dependent Manner. Mol Cell Biol 37:N/A (2017). PubMed: 27956699
- Liu G et al. aMSH inhibits adipose inflammation via reducing FoxOs transcription and blocking Akt/JNK pathway in mice. Oncotarget 8:47642-47654 (2017). PubMed: 28514752
- Su L et al. The transcription factor FOXO4 is down-regulated and inhibits tumor proliferation and metastasis in gastric cancer. BMC Cancer 14:378 (2014). PubMed: 24886657
- Liu X et al. MicroRNA-499-5p promotes cellular invasion and tumor metastasis in colorectal cancer by targeting FOXO4 and PDCD4. Carcinogenesis 32:1798-805 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21934092