Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Fragilis
- Suitable for: IP, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Fragilis antibody
See all Fragilis primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Fragilis
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse Fragilis aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- WB: Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell lysate, Mouse Embryonic Germ Cell lysate IHC-Fr: male genital ridges of E12.5 mouse embryos
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15592 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 13 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa).|
FunctionIFN-induced antiviral protein that mediates cellular innate immunity to at least three major human pathogens, namely influenza A H1N1 virus, West Nile virus (WNV), and dengue virus (WNV), by inhibiting the early step(s) of replication.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CD225 family.
modificationsPalmitoylation on membrane-proximal cysteines controls clustering in membrane compartments and antiviral activity against influenza virus.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 1 8U antibody
- Fragilis antibody
- IFITM3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Fragilis antibody (ab15592) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse Embryonic Germ Cell lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell lysate with Fragilis peptide (ab15737) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 4 : Mouse Embryonic Germ Cell lysate with Fragilis peptide (ab15737) at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 15 kDa
IHC showing localisation of Fragilis (red) in cryosections of male genital ridges of E12.5 mouse embryos. Germ cells can be identified by staining with anti-Oct4 (green).
ab15592 (anti-Fragilis) = red
Oct4 = green
DAPI (DNA) = blue
The dilution of ab15592 used was 10 ug/ml.
Anti-Fragilis antibody, ab15592, recognised a small proportion of cells in a culture of human embryonic stem cells differentiated into a heterogenous mix of cells. Based upon the sequence of the immunogen used to generate this antibody the protein it recognizes is likely to be IFITM2 and/or IFITM3.
Fragilis - Primordial Germ Cell Marker was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg E14Tg2a whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to Fragilis and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, E14Tg2a whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab15592.
Secondary: Clean blot (HRP conjugate) at 1/1000 dilution.
Band: 13kDa: Fragilis - Primordial Germ Cell Marker.
ab15592 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Wu M et al. Resveratrol alleviates chemotherapy-induced oogonial stem cell apoptosis and ovarian aging in mice. Aging (Albany NY) 11:1030-1044 (2019). PubMed: 30779707
- Gan CP et al. IFITM3 knockdown reduces the expression of CCND1 and CDK4 and suppresses the growth of oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. Cell Oncol (Dordr) N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30949979
- Fan X et al. Single-cell reconstruction of follicular remodeling in the human adult ovary. Nat Commun 10:3164 (2019). PubMed: 31320652
- Hou L et al. Characteristics of Female Germline Stem Cells from Porcine Ovaries at Sexual Maturity. Cell Transplant 27:1195-1202 (2018). PubMed: 29991280
- Leopardo NP & Vitullo AD Early embryonic development and spatiotemporal localization of mammalian primordial germ cell-associated proteins in the basal rodent Lagostomus maximus. Sci Rep 7:594 (2017). IHC-P ; Other species . PubMed: 28377629