Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 0.609% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14475 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20530549|
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20530549|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 63 kDa.|
FunctionReceptor for Wnt proteins. Most of frizzled receptors are coupled to the beta-catenin canonical signaling pathway, which leads to the activation of disheveled proteins, inhibition of GSK-3 kinase, nuclear accumulation of beta-catenin and activation of Wnt target genes. A second signaling pathway involving PKC and calcium fluxes has been seen for some family members, but it is not yet clear if it represents a distinct pathway or if it can be integrated in the canonical pathway, as PKC seems to be required for Wnt-mediated inactivation of GSK-3 kinase. Both pathways seem to involve interactions with G-proteins. May be involved in transduction and intercellular transmission of polarity information during tissue morphogenesis and/or in differentiated tissues. Interacts specifically with Wnt5A to induce the beta-catenin pathway.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor Fz/Smo family.
Contains 1 FZ (frizzled) domain.
DomainThe PDZ-binding motif mediates interaction with GOPC.
Lys-Thr-X-X-X-Trp motif interacts with the PDZ doman of Dvl (Disheveled) family members and is involved in the activation of the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway.
The FZ domain is involved in binding with Wnt ligands.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Localized at the plasma membrane and also found at the Golgi.
- Information by UniProt
- C2orf31 antibody
- DKFZP434E2135 antibody
- Frizzled 5 seven transmembrane spanning receptor antibody
ab14475 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Skaria T et al. Wnt5A/Ryk signaling critically affects barrier function in human vascular endothelial cells. Cell Adh Migr 11:24-38 (2017). PubMed: 27159116
- Ma M et al. Wnt signaling in form deprivation myopia of the mice retina. PLoS One 9:e91086 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24755605
- Ye Z et al. Wnt5a uses CD146 as a receptor to regulate cell motility and convergent extension. Nat Commun 4:2803 (2013). PubMed: 24335906
- Sahores M et al. Frizzled-5, a receptor for the synaptic organizer Wnt7a, regulates activity-mediated synaptogenesis. Development 137:2215-25 (2010). ICC/IF, IHC-Fr ; Mouse, Rat . PubMed: 20530549
- Pereira C et al. Wnt5A/CaMKII signaling contributes to the inflammatory response of macrophages and is a target for the antiinflammatory action of activated protein C and interleukin-10. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:504-10 (2008). PubMed: 18174455