Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Frizzled 5
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75234 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 65 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionReceptor for Wnt proteins. Most of frizzled receptors are coupled to the beta-catenin canonical signaling pathway, which leads to the activation of disheveled proteins, inhibition of GSK-3 kinase, nuclear accumulation of beta-catenin and activation of Wnt target genes. A second signaling pathway involving PKC and calcium fluxes has been seen for some family members, but it is not yet clear if it represents a distinct pathway or if it can be integrated in the canonical pathway, as PKC seems to be required for Wnt-mediated inactivation of GSK-3 kinase. Both pathways seem to involve interactions with G-proteins. May be involved in transduction and intercellular transmission of polarity information during tissue morphogenesis and/or in differentiated tissues. Interacts specifically with Wnt5A to induce the beta-catenin pathway.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor Fz/Smo family.
Contains 1 FZ (frizzled) domain.
DomainThe PDZ-binding motif mediates interaction with GOPC.
Lys-Thr-X-X-X-Trp motif interacts with the PDZ doman of Dvl (Disheveled) family members and is involved in the activation of the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway.
The FZ domain is involved in binding with Wnt ligands.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Localized at the plasma membrane and also found at the Golgi.
- Information by UniProt
- C2orf31 antibody
- DKFZP434E2135 antibody
- Frizzled 5 seven transmembrane spanning receptor antibody
All lanes : Anti-Frizzled 5 antibody (ab75234) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : LOVO cell extracts
Lane 2 : LOVO cell extracts with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 65 kDa
Observed band size: 65 kDa
Additional bands at: 48 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab75234 at 1/500 dilution staining Frizzled 5 in A549 cells by Immunofluorescence, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
ab75234 (4µg/ml) staining Frizzled 5 in human pancreas using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong cytoplasmic staining of the Islets of Langerhans.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab75234 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- González-Fernández C et al. Wnt Signaling Alterations in the Human Spinal Cord of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Cases: Spotlight on Fz2 and Wnt5a. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30924074
- Sun X et al. Colorectal cancer cells suppress CD4+ T cells immunity through canonical Wnt signaling. Oncotarget 8:15168-15181 (2017). PubMed: 28147310
- Peterson YK et al. Frizzled-5: a high affinity receptor for secreted frizzled-related protein-2 activation of nuclear factor of activated T-cells c3 signaling to promote angiogenesis. Angiogenesis 20:615-628 (2017). PubMed: 28840375
- González-Fernández C et al. Wnt Signaling Alteration in the Spinal Cord of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Transgenic Mice: Special Focus on Frizzled-5 Cellular Expression Pattern. PLoS One 11:e0155867 (2016). PubMed: 27192435
- Zhang Y et al. Wnt/ß-Catenin and Wnt5a/Ca Pathways Regulate Proliferation and Apoptosis of Keratinocytes in Psoriasis Lesions. Cell Physiol Biochem 36:1890-902 (2015). PubMed: 26202350