Product nameFructose Assay Kit
See all Fructose kits
Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
Assay time1h 00m
In Abcam's Fructose Assay Kit, free fructose is enzymatically converted to ß-glucose, which is then specifically converted to a product that reacts with OxiRed Probe to generate color (λ=570nm) and fluorescence (Ex/Em=535/587nm). The kit provides a rapid, simple, sensitive, and reliable method suitable for high throughput assayof D-fructose. Do not use this kit with urine, serum, or plasma samples.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Fructose is a monosaccharide found in many foods and is one of the three most important blood sugars along with glucose and galactose. Fructose is the sweetest naturally occurring sugar, estimated to be twice as sweet as sucrose.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Enzyme Mix (lyophilized) Green 1 vial Fructose Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Fructose Converting Enzyme (Lyophilised) Purple 1 vial Fructose Standard (100mM) Yellow 1 x 100µl OxiRed Probe in DMSO Red 1 x 200µl
RelevanceFructose is a monosaccharide found in many foods and is one of the three most important blood sugars along with glucose and galactose. Fructose is the sweetest naturally occurring sugar, estimated to be twice as sweet as sucrose.
- Beta Levulose
- D arabino Hexulose
- Fruit sugar
Fructose levels banana, determined using the colorimetric (C) and the fluorometric (F) method (presented per mg of protein) (duplicates; +/- SD).
Fructose levels in mouse liver and banana, determined using the colorimetric method and presented per mg of protein (duplicates; +/- SD).
Titration of the fructose (background subtracted, duplicates; +/- SD).
Fluorometric Fructose Standard Curve performed following the ab83380 kit protocol.
ab83380 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Maslova O et al. Production of various organic acids from different renewable sources by immobilized cells in the regimes of separate hydrolysis and fermentation (SHF) and simultaneous saccharification and fermentation (SFF). Bioresour Technol 272:1-9 (2019). PubMed: 30292911
- Aw WC et al. Genotype to phenotype: Diet-by-mitochondrial DNA haplotype interactions drive metabolic flexibility and organismal fitness. PLoS Genet 14:e1007735 (2018). PubMed: 30399141
- Gonzalez-Vicente A et al. FRUCTOSE REABSORPTION BY RAT PROXIMAL TUBULES: ROLE OF SODIUM-LINKED COTRANSPORTERS AND THE EFFECT OF DIETARY FRUCTOSE. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30565998
- Vaughan OR et al. A physiological increase in maternal cortisol alters uteroplacental metabolism in the pregnant ewe. J Physiol 594:6407-6418 (2016). PubMed: 27292274
- Romero Mdel M et al. Glycerol Production from Glucose and Fructose by 3T3-L1 Cells: A Mechanism of Adipocyte Defense from Excess Substrate. PLoS One 10:e0139502 (2015). Functional Studies . PubMed: 26426115