Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to FSH-R
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-FSH-R antibody
See all FSH-R primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FSH-R
SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total FSH-R protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human FSH-R (internal sequence).
- Transfected Jurkat and HUVEC cell extracts
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAffinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75200 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 78 kDa.|
FunctionReceptor for follicle-stimulating hormone. The activity of this receptor is mediated by G proteins which activate adenylate cyclase.
Tissue specificitySertoli cells and ovarian granulosa cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in FSHR are a cause of ovarian dysgenesis type 1 (ODG1) [MIM:233300]; also known as premature ovarian failure or gonadal dysgenesis XX type or XX gonadal dysgenesis (XXGD) or hereditary hypergonadotropic ovarian failure or hypergonadotropic ovarian dysgenesis with normal karyotype. ODG1 is an autosomal recessive disease characterized by primary amenorrhea, variable development of secondary sex characteristics, and high serum levels of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH).
Defects in FSHR are a cause of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) [MIM:608115]. OHSS is a disorder which occurs either spontaneously or most often as an iatrogenic complication of ovarian stimulation treatments for in vitro fertilization. The clinical manifestations vary from abdominal distention and discomfort to potentially life-threatening, massive ovarian enlargement and capillary leak with fluid sequestration. Pathologic features of this syndrome include the presence of multiple serous and hemorrhagic follicular cysts lined by luteinized cells, a condition called hyperreactio luteinalis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family. FSH/LSH/TSH subfamily.
Contains 9 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 LRRNT domain.
modificationsN-glycosylated; indirectly required for FSH-binding, possibly via a conformational change that allows high affinity binding of hormone.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Follicle stimulating hormone receptor antibody
- Follicle stimulating hormone receptor isoform 1 antibody
- Follicle-stimulating hormone receptor antibody
All lanes : Anti-FSH-R antibody (ab75200) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Transfected Jurkat cell extract
Lane 2 : Transfected HUVEC cell extract
Lane 3 : Transfected Jurkat cell extract with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 78 kDa
Observed band size: 78 kDa
Additional bands at: 85 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab75200 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang J et al. ACTL6A regulates follicle-stimulating hormone-driven glycolysis in ovarian cancer cells via PGK1. Cell Death Dis 10:811 (2019). PubMed: 31649264
- Chu G et al. Leptin Receptor Mediates Bmal1 Regulation of Estrogen Synthesis in Granulosa Cells. Animals (Basel) 9:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31683864
- Quinn MA et al. Estrogen Deficiency Promotes Hepatic Steatosis via a Glucocorticoid Receptor-Dependent Mechanism in Mice. Cell Rep 22:2690-2701 (2018). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 29514097
- Chen YQ et al. Bu Shen Yang Xue Prescription Has Treating Effect on Endometrial Cancer through FSH/PI3K/AKT/Gankyrin/HIF-a/cyclinD 1 Pathway in Ishikawa Cells. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2018:8412984 (2018). PubMed: 30402135
- Li X et al. Follicular Stimulating Hormone Accelerates Atherogenesis by Increasing Endothelial VCAM-1 Expression. Theranostics 7:4671-4688 (2017). PubMed: 29187895
- Sen A et al. Androgens regulate ovarian follicular development by increasing follicle stimulating hormone receptor and microRNA-125b expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:3008-13 (2014). PubMed: 24516121
- Robinson LJ et al. FSH-receptor isoforms and FSH-dependent gene transcription in human monocytes and osteoclasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 394:12-7 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20171950