For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
Hello - Can your fumarate detection kit (ab102516) be used to assay for concentration of fumarate in microbial cultures? It seems that some assay kits specify they are for mammalian culture testing, so we want to be sure it can also be used for microbial media. We add fumarate in the form of sodium fumarate, and we want to know how much is left at various time points. Thank you!
Asked on Apr 27 2012
Thank you very much for your interest in our kit ab102516 for fumarate detection.
The laboratory confirmed that we haven’t tried this kit with microbial samples in-house and neither do we have any researcher feedback from such use. So although this kit can be theoretically used with microbial samples, practically, it might need some tweaking of the protocol at the user’s end to achieve the best results.
Therefore if you would like to test this kit on bacterial samples, I can offer a discount off a future purchase if you buy ab102516 now, test iton bacterial samplesand submit feedback to us in the form of an Abreview. It doesn’t matter whether the Abreview is positive or negative, we would just really like to receive your feedback. The discount would be to the value of this kit which we could takeoff your next order.
If you are interested in this offer, please follow these steps:
1. Reply to this e-mail to let me know that you would like to proceed and test ab102516 in bacterial samples. I will then send a discount code. This code must be issued before purchasing ab102516 so please wait for my reply before ordering.
2. Purchase ab102516 either by phone, fax, or online (www.abcam.com).
3. Test it in bacterial samples
4. Let us know the results, positive or negative, using our Abreview system (this will take about 10 minutes and images are great if you have them!). To find out how to submit an Abreview, please visit: https://www.abcam.com/abreviews.
5. After the review is submitted to us, the discount code becomes active. Simply place your new order by phone, fax, or on the web and mention the discount code. The discount can be redeemedonyour next order and is worth the value of ab102516.The discount code is valid for 4 months after issue.
We are always pleased to obtain feedback about our products and any information is greatly appreciated! Even if ab102516 turns out to be unsuitable on bacterial samples, you will still receive the discount on your next purchase after your Abreview has been submitted.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this offer and I would be happy to help you further.
The Terms and Conditions of this offer can be found at: www.abcam.com/collaborationdiscount.
Answered on Apr 27 2012