Key features and details
- Protein serine/threonine phosphatase inhibitor. Cell proliferation inhibitor and apoptosis inducer
- CAS Number: 116355-83-0
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 25 mM and in DMSO to 10 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Fusarium moniliforme
Product nameFumonisin B1, Protein serine/threonine phosphatase inhibitor
DescriptionProtein serine/threonine phosphatase inhibitor. Cell proliferation inhibitor and apoptosis inducer
Biological descriptionMycotoxin and protein serine/threonine phosphatase inhibitor (IC50 values are 80 μM (PP5), 0.3 (PP2Cα), 0.4 ( PP2A), 0.5 (PP1γ2) and 3 mM (PP2B)). Cell proliferation inhibitor and apoptosis inducer. Inhibits incorporation of [14C]serine into sphingosine moiety of cellular sphingolipids (IC50 = 0.1 μM). Toxicological and carginogenic effects in vivo.
Chemical name2-[2-[19-Amino-6-(3,4-dicarboxybutanoyloxy)-11,16,18-trihydroxy-5,9-dimethylicosan-7-yl]oxy-2-oxoethyl]butanedioic acid
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 25 mM and in DMSO to 10 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142433 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Yu S et al. Fumonisin B1 triggers carcinogenesis via HDAC/PI3K/Akt signalling pathway in human esophageal epithelial cells. Sci Total Environ 787:147405 (2021). PubMed: 34000555
- Yu S et al. Evaluation of the Individual and Combined Toxicity of Fumonisin Mycotoxins in Human Gastric Epithelial Cells. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32824643