Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to FUNDC1
- Suitable for: IP, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-FUNDC1 antibody
See all FUNDC1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FUNDC1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog
- WB: Fetal heart cell lysate; human stomach tumor lysate. IP: HEK293 whole cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74834 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionActs as an activator of hypoxia-induced mitophagy, an important mechanism for mitochondrial quality control.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the FUN14 family.
DomainThe YXXL motif mediates the interaction with MAP1 LC3 family proteins MAP1LC3A, MAP1LC3B and GABARAP (PubMed:22267086).
modificationsPhosphorylation at Tyr-18 by SRC inhibits activation of mitophagy. Following hypoxia, dephosphorylated at Tyr-18, leading to interaction with MAP1 LC3 family proteins and triggering mitophagy.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- FUN14 domain containing 1 antibody
- FUN14 domain containing protein 1 antibody
- FUN14 domain-containing protein 1 antibody
Anti-FUNDC1 antibody (ab74834) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + fetal heart cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 17 kDa
Observed band size: 17 kDa
Additional bands at: >65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Gel concentration: 10-20%
All lanes : Anti-FUNDC1 antibody (ab74834) at 3 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human lung tumor lysate
Lane 2 : Human stomach tumor lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 17 kDa
Western blot analysis labeling FUNDC1 with ab74834.
ab74834 immunoprecipitating FUNDC1 in HEK293T whole cell lysate. 2mg of cell lysate was incubated with primary antibody (1/200). For western blotting ab74834 (1/1000) was used to confirm successful immunoprecipitation.
All lanes :
Lane 1 : Control IP in HEK293 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : FUNDC1 IP with ab74834 in HEK293 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : Input of HEK293 whole cell lysate
ab74834 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Maiti P et al. Transplantation of mesenchymal stem cells overexpressing interleukin-10 induces autophagy response and promotes neuroprotection in a rat model of TBI. J Cell Mol Med 23:5211-5224 (2019). PubMed: 31162801
- Zhao C et al. PINK1/Parkin-Mediated Mitophagy Regulation by Reactive Oxygen Species Alleviates Rocaglamide A-Induced Apoptosis in Pancreatic Cancer Cells. Front Pharmacol 10:968 (2019). PubMed: 31551778
- Wang L et al. Ulk1/FUNDC1 Prevents Nerve Cells from Hypoxia-Induced Apoptosis by Promoting Cell Autophagy. Neurochem Res N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29923038
- Hou H et al. High expression of FUNDC1 predicts poor prognostic outcomes and is a promising target to improve chemoradiotherapy effects in patients with cervical cancer. Cancer Med 6:1871-1881 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28719148