Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR7932] to FXR1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-FXR1 antibody [EPR7932]
See all FXR1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR7932] to FXR1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the N-terminus of Human FXR1 (UniProt ID: P51114).
- Fetal muscle, MCF7, 293T, HeLa, and fetal heart lysates, Human brain tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 5.30 x 10 -12 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab129089 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 70-78 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
FunctionRNA-binding protein required for embryonic and postnatal development of muscle tissue. May regulate intracellular transport and local translation of certain mRNAs.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues examined including heart, brain, kidney and testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the FMR1 family.
Contains 2 KH domains.
modificationsArg-445 is dimethylated, probably to asymmetric dimethylarginine.
- Information by UniProt
- Fragile X mental retardation autosomal homolog 1 antibody
- Fragile X mental retardation syndrome related protein 1 antibody
- Fragile X mental retardation syndrome-related protein 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-FXR1 antibody [EPR7932] (ab129089) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Fetal muscle lysate
Lane 2 : MCF7 lysate
Lane 3 : 293T lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa lysate
Lane 5 : Fetal heart lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 70 kDa
Observed band size: 70-78 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) labeling FXR1 with purified ab129089 at 1/500 dilution. Cells were fixed with 100% methanol. ab150077 Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor®488) at 1/1000 was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI. PBS was used instead of the primary antibody as the negative control.
ab129089 staining FXR1 in the human cell line HeLa (human cervix adenocarcinoma) by flow cytometry. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde, permiabilised with 90% methanol and the sample was incubated with the primary antibody at a dilution of 1/60. A goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) at a dilution of 1/2000 was used as the secondary antibody.
Isoytype control: Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black)
Unlabelled control: Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue)
ab129089, at a dilution of 1/100, staining FXR1 in paraffin-embedded Human brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab129089, at a dilution of 1/250, staining Hela cells by immunofluorescent staining
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab129089 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Nie PY et al. miR-132 Regulates PTSD-like Behaviors in Rats Following Single-Prolonged Stress Through Fragile X-Related Protein 1. Cell Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32333305
- Li Q et al. Upregulation of OIP5-AS1 Predicts Poor Prognosis and Contributes to Thyroid Cancer Cell Proliferation and Migration. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 20:279-291 (2020). PubMed: 32193154
- Li P et al. Farnesoid X receptor interacts with cAMP response element binding protein to modulate glucagon-like peptide-1 (7-36) amide secretion by intestinal L cell. J Cell Physiol 234:12839-12846 (2019). PubMed: 30536761
- Li P et al. A novel epigenetic mechanism of FXR inhibiting GLP-1 secretion via miR-33 and its downstream targets. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 517:629-635 (2019). PubMed: 31387746
- Filippini A et al. Absence of the Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein results in defects of RNA editing of neuronal mRNAs in mouse. RNA Biol 14:1580-1591 (2017). PubMed: 28640668
- Van Rechem C et al. Lysine demethylase KDM4A associates with translation machinery and regulates protein synthesis. Cancer Discov 5:255-63 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25564516