Key features and details
- Guinea pig polyclonal to GABA
- Suitable for: IHC-P, Electron Microscopy, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, ELISA
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GABA antibody
See all GABA primary antibodies
DescriptionGuinea pig polyclonal to GABA
Host speciesGuinea pig
SpecificityRecognizes GABA. Staining was blocked by preabsorbing with 100uM GABA conjugated to glutaraldehyde. 500uM of similar conjugations of glutamic acid, glutamate and taurine failed to block staining.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, Electron Microscopy, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Chemical/ Small Molecule conjugated to KLH via glutaraldehyde.
Without colchicine pretreatment well stained cell bodies are visible in the cerebral cortex, cerebrallar cortex, superior colliculus and some brainstem raphe. With colchicine pretreatment, additional cell body staining is present in the interpeduncular nucleus and the dorsal column nuclei.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesWithout colchine pretreatment well stained cell bodies are visible in the cerebral cortex, cerebrallar cortex, superior colliculus and some brainstem raphe. With colchine pretreatment, additional cell body staining is present in the interpeduncular nucleus and the dorsal column nuclei.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17413 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Electron Microscopy||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20206640|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceGamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is a major inhibitory neurotransmitter. GABA acts at inhibitory synapses in the brain and spinal cord. Inhibition is provoked by GABA binding resulting in hyperpolarization of the synaptic transmembrane potential of the affected neuron. GABA binding causes ion channels to open allowing either the flow of chloride or potassium ions into or out of the cell.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane, Cytoplasmic, Plasma membrane and Secreted
- 4 aminobutanoic acid antibody
- GABA antibody
- Gamma amino butyric acid antibody
- Gamma aminobutyric acid antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of rat brain tissue, labelling GABA with ab17413 diluted 1/500. Heat-induced antigen retrieval. DAB staining. Diffuse cytoplasmic staining and axonal staining observed in ventral midbrain neurons. (Note: This antibody produces diffuse cytoplasmic staining of moderate intensity in ventral midbrain, cortical and purkinje neurons in rat brain tissue).
ab17413 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Park SY et al. Distribution of and steroid hormone effects on calbindin-D9k in the immature rat brain. Brain Res Bull 152:225-235 (2019). PubMed: 31357009
- Leroy F et al. A circuit from hippocampal CA2 to lateral septum disinhibits social aggression. Nature 564:213-218 (2018). PubMed: 30518859
- Chang JH et al. Generation of Functional Dopaminergic Neurons from Reprogramming Fibroblasts by Nonviral-based Mesoporous Silica Nanoparticles. Sci Rep 8:11 (2018). PubMed: 29311646
- Sullivan CS et al. Perineuronal Net Protein Neurocan Inhibits NCAM/EphA3 Repellent Signaling in GABAergic Interneurons. Sci Rep 8:6143 (2018). PubMed: 29670169
- Karow M et al. Direct pericyte-to-neuron reprogramming via unfolding of a neural stem cell-like program. Nat Neurosci 21:932-940 (2018). PubMed: 29915193