Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GABA
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GABA antibody
See all GABA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GABA
Specificityab8891 targets conjugated GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric acid), it does not recognize free GABA.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Chemical/ Small Molecule corresponding to GABA. Synthetic GABA conjugated to bovine serum albumin.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferConstituents: ddH20, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8891 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/1000 - 1/5000. Fixation of tissue for use with these antibodies should be done with glutaraldehyde. The use of paraformaldehyde in conjunction with glutaraldehyde may improve staining results.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceGamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is a major inhibitory neurotransmitter. GABA acts at inhibitory synapses in the brain and spinal cord. Inhibition is provoked by GABA binding resulting in hyperpolarization of the synaptic transmembrane potential of the affected neuron. GABA binding causes ion channels to open allowing either the flow of chloride or potassium ions into or out of the cell.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane, Cytoplasmic, Plasma membrane and Secreted
- 4 aminobutanoic acid antibody
- GABA antibody
- Gamma amino butyric acid antibody
- Gamma aminobutyric acid antibody
Immunofluorescent analysis of Human embryonic stem cells, staining GABA with ab8891.
Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde before blocking with 10% goat serum, 1% BSA, 0.1% Triton X-100 for 1 hour. Samples were stained with primary antibody (1/500) overnight at 4°C. An AlexaFluor®594-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab8891 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Kurata S et al. Capacitation of mouse sperm is modulated by gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) concentration. J Reprod Dev 65:327-334 (2019). PubMed: 31178551
- Hayashi MK et al. Hyaluronan synthesis supports glutamate transporter activity. J Neurochem 150:249-263 (2019). PubMed: 31188471
- Luzuriaga J et al. BDNF and NT3 Reprogram Human Ectomesenchymal Dental Pulp Stem Cells to Neurogenic and Gliogenic Neural Crest Progenitors Cultured in Serum-Free Medium. Cell Physiol Biochem 52:1361-1380 (2019). PubMed: 31075188
- Zheng C et al. TRH Analog, Taltirelin Improves Motor Function of Hemi-PD Rats Without Inducing Dyskinesia via Sustained Dopamine Stimulating Effect. Front Cell Neurosci 12:417 (2018). PubMed: 30555300
- Zieger E et al. Roles of Retinoic Acid Signaling in Shaping the Neuronal Architecture of the Developing Amphioxus Nervous System. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28875454