Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GABARAP
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-GABARAP antibody
See all GABARAP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GABARAP
SpecificityThis antibody recognizes human GABARAP (14 kD).
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
FunctionUbiquitin-like modifier that plays a role in intracellular transport of GABA(A) receptors and its interaction with the cytoskeleton. Involved in apoptosis. Involved in autophagy. Whereas LC3s are involved in elongation of the phagophore membrane, the GABARAP/GATE-16 subfamily is essential for a later stage in autophagosome maturation.
Tissue specificityHeart, brain, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ATG8 family.
modificationsThe precursor molecule is cleaved by ATG4B to form the cytosolic form, GABARAP-I. This is activated by APG7L/ATG7, transferred to ATG3 and conjugated to phospholipid to form the membrane-bound form, GABARAP-II.
Cellular localizationEndomembrane system. Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton. Golgi apparatus membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle, autophagosome. Largely associated with intracellular membrane structures including the Golgi apparatus and postsynaptic cisternae. Colocalizes with microtubules (By similarity). Localizes also to discrete punctae along the ciliary axoneme (By similarity).
- Information by UniProt
- ATG8A antibody
- FLC 3B antibody
- FLC3B antibody
ab1398 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Li L et al. Proteomic analysis of differentially expressed proteins in kidneys of brain dead rabbits. Mol Med Rep 16:215-223 (2017). WB ; Rabbit . PubMed: 28534953
- Ning HJ et al. Propofol reduces hypoxia-induced autophagic cell death through downregulating HIF 1a in alveolar epithelial type II cells of rats. Mol Med Rep 16:1509-1515 (2017). PubMed: 28586054
- Belichenko PV et al. Excitatory-inhibitory relationship in the fascia dentata in the Ts65Dn mouse model of Down syndrome. J Comp Neurol 512:453-66 (2009). Mouse . PubMed: 19034952
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com