Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GABRE
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GABRE antibody
See all GABRE primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GABRE
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
This product was previously labelled as GABA Receptor Epsilon
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab35971 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionGABA, the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the vertebrate brain, mediates neuronal inhibition by binding to the GABA/benzodiazepine receptor and opening an integral chloride channel.
Tissue specificityExpressed in many tissues. Highest levels of expression in adult heart and placenta.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ligand-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.9) family. Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor (TC 1.A.9.5) subfamily. GABRE sub-subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- GABA(A) receptor epsilon antibody
- GABA(A) receptor subunit epsilon antibody
- Gabre antibody
Anti-GABRE antibody (ab35971) (0.2-1 ug/ml) + Human Placenta
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab35971 stained SHSY5Y cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab35971, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of ab35971 staining in human normal placenta formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA (pH9, epitope retrieval solution 2) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab35971, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab35971 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Kaneko Y et al. Oxytocin modulates GABAAR subunits to confer neuroprotection in stroke in vitro. Sci Rep 6:35659 (2016). WB, ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 27767042
- Fatemi SH et al. Expression of GABAA a2-, ß1- and ?-receptors are altered significantly in the lateral cerebellum of subjects with schizophrenia, major depression and bipolar disorder. Transl Psychiatry 3:e303 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24022508
- Hengen KB et al. Increased GABA(A) Receptor e-Subunit Expression on Ventral Respiratory Column Neurons Protects Breathing during Pregnancy. PLoS One 7:e30608 (2012). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . PubMed: 22303446
- Hengen KB et al. Changes in ventral respiratory column GABAaR e- and d-subunits during hibernation mediate resistance to depression by EtOH and pentobarbital. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300:R272-83 (2011). WB, IHC-FoFr ; Other species . PubMed: 21084677