Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GAD65 + GAD67
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cat, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Purification notesWhole antiserum is fractionated and then further purified by ion-exchange chromatography to provide the IgG fraction of antiserum that is essentially free of other Rabbit serum proteins.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49832 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/1000 - 1/2000.|
RelevanceThis gene encodes one of several forms of glutamic acid decarboxylase, identified as a major autoantigen in insulin-dependent diabetes. The enzyme encoded is responsible for catalyzing the production of gamma aminobutyric acid from L glutamic acid. A pathogenic role for this enzyme has been identified in the human pancreas since it has been identified as an autoantibody and an autoreactive T cell target in insulin dependent diabetes. This gene may also play a role in the stiff man syndrome.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm; cytosol. Associated to cytoplasmic vesicles. In neurons, cytosolic leaflet of Golgi membranes and presynaptic clusters.
- 65 kDa glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody
- 67 kDa glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody
- GAD 65 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Rat pancreatics sections labelling GAD65 & GAD67 with ab49832 at a concentration of 1/1000. The secondary used was a biotin peroxidase.
ab49832 staining human pancreas tissue sections by IHC-P. Sections were formaldehyde fixed and subjected to heat mediated antigen retreival in 10mM citrate buffer prior to incubation with ab49832, diluted 1/2000, for 1 hour at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor® 546 conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody, diluted 1/200, was used as the secondary.
ab49832 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Carballo-Carbajal I et al. Brain tyrosinase overexpression implicates age-dependent neuromelanin production in Parkinson's disease pathogenesis. Nat Commun 10:973 (2019). PubMed: 30846695
- Perez SM et al. Region specific knockdown of Parvalbumin or Somatostatin produces neuronal and behavioral deficits consistent with those observed in schizophrenia. Transl Psychiatry 9:264 (2019). PubMed: 31636253
- Gonzalez-Reyes LE et al. Sonic Hedgehog is expressed by hilar mossy cells and regulates cellular survival and neurogenesis in the adult hippocampus. Sci Rep 9:17402 (2019). PubMed: 31758070
- Ogawa N et al. Gene therapy for neuropathic pain using dorsal root ganglion-targeted helper-dependent adenoviral vectors with GAD67 expression. Pain Rep 3:e695 (2018). PubMed: 30706038
- Wen TH et al. Genetic Reduction of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 Promotes Formation of Perineuronal Nets Around Parvalbumin-Expressing Interneurons and Normalizes Auditory Cortex Responses in Developing Fmr1 Knock-Out Mice. Cereb Cortex 28:3951-3964 (2018). PubMed: 29040407