Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GAD65 + GAD67
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cat, Human, Zebrafish, Macaque monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GAD65 + GAD67 antibody
See all GAD65 + GAD67 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GAD65 + GAD67
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cat, Human, Zebrafish, Macaque monkey
Predicted to work with: Pig
- Recombinant Human GAD67 protein (ab114255) can be used as a positive control in WB. Brain.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Please see notes section. Store undiluted. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesAn immunoglobulin-rich fraction was prepared from whole serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11070 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20650017|
|IHC-Fr||1/200 - 1/5000.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 65 , 67 kDa.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceThis gene encodes one of several forms of glutamic acid decarboxylase, identified as a major autoantigen in insulin-dependent diabetes. The enzyme encoded is responsible for catalyzing the production of gamma aminobutyric acid from L glutamic acid. A pathogenic role for this enzyme has been identified in the human pancreas since it has been identified as an autoantibody and an autoreactive T cell target in insulin dependent diabetes. This gene may also play a role in the stiff man syndrome.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm; cytosol. Associated to cytoplasmic vesicles. In neurons, cytosolic leaflet of Golgi membranes and presynaptic clusters.
- 65 kDa glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody
- 67 kDa glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody
- GAD 65 antibody
ab11070 staining GABA transporter 2 in zebrafish retina sections by IHC-Fr. The tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and an antigen retrieval step was performed with sodium citrate pH 6. Blocking of the sample was done with 5% BSA in PBS containing 0.5% Triton X, for 60 minutes at 23°C, followed by staining with ab11070 at 1/200 in blocking solution for 16h at 4°C. An alexa 488 conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody at 1/1000 was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei are stained in blue with DAPI. GAD65/67 expression can be observed in amacrine cells (in green).
ab11070 has been referenced in 39 publications.
- Stevenson SA et al. Intervention changes acoustic peak frequency and mesolimbic neurochemistry in the Pink1-/- rat model of Parkinson disease. PLoS One 14:e0220734 (2019). PubMed: 31374106
- Yang L et al. HCN channel antagonist ZD7288 ameliorates neuropathic pain and associated depression. Brain Res 1717:204-213 (2019). PubMed: 30940440
- Coimbra B et al. Role of laterodorsal tegmentum projections to nucleus accumbens in reward-related behaviors. Nat Commun 10:4138 (2019). PubMed: 31515512
- Hawrysh PJ & Buck LT Oxygen-sensitive interneurons exhibit increased activity and GABA release during ROS scavenging in the cerebral cortex of the western painted turtle. J Neurophysiol 122:466-479 (2019). PubMed: 31141433
- Swaminathan A et al. Non-canonical mTOR-Independent Role of DEPDC5 in Regulating GABAergic Network Development. Curr Biol 28:1924-1937.e5 (2018). PubMed: 29861134