Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to GAD67
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgY
Product nameAnti-GAD67 antibody
See all GAD67 primary antibodies
DescriptionChicken polyclonal to GAD67
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region of GAD67 (EC 188.8.131.52) shared between the mouse (P48318), rat (NP_058703) and human (Q99259) gene products conjugated to KLH.
It is important to note that, in our hands, we saw only a subpopulation of GABAergic neurons in various mouse brain structures, including cerebral cortex and cerebellar cortex, labeled with our anti-GAD-67 antibody. This was seen multiple times, and following steps to increase antibody penetration into the tissue. Although the basis of this mysterious subpopulation is unclear, we suspect that the epitope specifically recognized by this antibody on GAD-67 may be cryptic or absent in some inhibitory neurons.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
PBS isotonic (0.9%, w/v)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesIgY fraction purified from yolks then affinity purified using peptide columns and filter sterilized.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75712 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/1000 - 1/2000.|
FunctionCatalyzes the production of GABA.
Tissue specificityIsoform 3 is expressed in pancreatic islets, testis, adrenal cortex, and perhaps other endocrine tissues, but not in brain.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GAD1 are the cause of cerebral palsy spastic quadriplegic type 1 (CPSQ1) [MIM:603513]. A non-progressive disorder of movement and/or posture resulting from defects in the developing central nervous system. Affected individuals manifest symmetrical, non-progressive spasticity and no adverse perinatal history or obvious underlying alternative diagnosis. Developmental delay, mental retardation and sometimes epilepsy can be part of the clinical picture.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the group II decarboxylase family.
- Information by UniProt
- 67 kDa glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody
- CPSQ1 antibody
- DCE1 antibody
ab75712 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Krentzel AA et al. A Membrane G-Protein-Coupled Estrogen Receptor Is Necessary but Not Sufficient for Sex Differences in Zebra Finch Auditory Coding. Endocrinology 159:1360-1376 (2018). PubMed: 29351614
- Bellon A et al. Transdifferentiation of Human Circulating Monocytes Into Neuronal-Like Cells in 20 Days and Without Reprograming. Front Mol Neurosci 11:323 (2018). PubMed: 30760979
- Araújo SES et al. Inflammatory demyelination alters subcortical visual circuits. J Neuroinflammation 14:162 (2017). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 28821276
- Mills F et al. Cadherins mediate cocaine-induced synaptic plasticity and behavioral conditioning. Nat Neurosci 20:540-549 (2017). PubMed: 28192395