Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to GAD67
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GAD67 antibody
See all GAD67 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to GAD67
Specificityab80589 is expected to recognize isoform GAD67. There is no cross-reactivity expected with GAD2 (isoform GAD65).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Orangutan
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab80589 is purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80589 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 67 kDa.
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionCatalyzes the production of GABA.
Tissue specificityIsoform 3 is expressed in pancreatic islets, testis, adrenal cortex, and perhaps other endocrine tissues, but not in brain.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GAD1 are the cause of cerebral palsy spastic quadriplegic type 1 (CPSQ1) [MIM:603513]. A non-progressive disorder of movement and/or posture resulting from defects in the developing central nervous system. Affected individuals manifest symmetrical, non-progressive spasticity and no adverse perinatal history or obvious underlying alternative diagnosis. Developmental delay, mental retardation and sometimes epilepsy can be part of the clinical picture.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the group II decarboxylase family.
- Information by UniProt
- 67 kDa glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody
- CPSQ1 antibody
- DCE1 antibody
Anti-GAD67 antibody (ab80589) at 1 µg/ml + Mouse Brain lysate (in RIPA buffer) at 35 µg
Predicted band size: 67 kDa
Observed band size: 70 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Anti-GAD67 antibody (ab80589) at 0.5 µg/ml + Human brain (cerebral cortex) lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 67 kDa
Observed band size: 67 kDa
ab80589 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Ellis JK et al. Ferret brain possesses young interneuron collections equivalent to human postnatal migratory streams. J Comp Neurol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31050805
- Corbridge SM et al. JC virus infection of meningeal and choroid plexus cells in patients with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy. J Neurovirol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31025264
- Zhuang QX et al. Regularizing firing patterns of rat subthalamic neurons ameliorates parkinsonian motor deficits. J Clin Invest 128:5413-5427 (2018). PubMed: 30226827
- Taylor SR et al. GABAergic and glutamatergic efferents of the mouse ventral tegmental area. J Comp Neurol 522:3308-34 (2014). IHC-FrFl ; Mouse . PubMed: 24715505