Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to GADD34
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GADD34 antibody
See all GADD34 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to GADD34
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
- U937 lysate
General notesGenBank Accession Number – NP_055145 LocusLink ID - 23645
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9869 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 75 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 75 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionRecruits the serine/threonine-protein phosphatase PP1 to dephosphorylate the translation initiation factor eIF-2A/EIF2S1, thereby reversing the shut-off of protein synthesis initiated by stress-inducible kinases and facilitating recovery of cells from stress. Down-regulates the TGF-beta signaling pathway by promoting dephosphorylation of TGFB1 by PP1. May promote apoptosis by inducing TP53 phosphorylation on 'Ser-15'.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PPP1R15 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine by LYN; which impairs its antiproliferative activity.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptosis associated protein antibody
- GADD 34 antibody
- Growth arrest and DNA damage inducible 34 antibody
Anti-GADD34 antibody (ab9869) at 0.1 µg/ml + HEPG2 cell lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size: 75 kDa
Primary incubation for 1 hour. Detection by chemiluminescence.
IHC image of ab9869 staining in human normal liver formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab9869, 10µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab9869 staining GADD34 in Human liver sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections).
ab9869 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Li YH et al. Halofuginone protects against advanced glycation end products-induced injury of H9C2 cells via alleviating endoplasmic reticulum stress-associated apoptosis and inducing autophagy. Mol Med Rep 20:3131-3139 (2019). PubMed: 31432112
- Bahar E et al. Polyphenolic Extract of Euphorbia supina Attenuates Manganese-Induced Neurotoxicity by Enhancing Antioxidant Activity through Regulation of ER Stress and ER Stress-Mediated Apoptosis. Int J Mol Sci 18:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28146110
- Galindo I et al. The ATF6 branch of unfolded protein response and apoptosis are activated to promote African swine fever virus infection. Cell Death Dis 3:e341 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22764100
- Garrido JL et al. EBNA3C interacts with Gadd34 and counteracts the unfolded protein response. Virol J 6:231 (2009). PubMed: 20040105
- Kepp O et al. Disruption of the PP1/GADD34 complex induces calreticulin exposure. Cell Cycle 8:3971-7 (2009). PubMed: 19901557
- Panaretakis T et al. Mechanisms of pre-apoptotic calreticulin exposure in immunogenic cell death. EMBO J 28:578-90 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19165151
- Criollo A et al. Regulation of autophagy by the inositol trisphosphate receptor. Cell Death Differ 14:1029-39 (2007). WB ; Human . PubMed: 17256008