Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3205] to Galectin 1 - Low endotoxin, Azide free
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Galectin 1 antibody [EPR3205] - Low endotoxin, Azide free
See all Galectin 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3205] to Galectin 1 - Low endotoxin, Azide free
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
- HL60 cell lysate, K562 cell lysate, NIH 3T3 cell lysate, mouse heart tissue lysate, mouse kidney cell lysate, mouse spleen cell lysate, rat heart tissue lysate, rat kidney tissue lysate.
ab225540 is the carrier-free version of ab108389.
Our carrier-free antibodies are typically supplied in a PBS-only formulation, purified and free of BSA, sodium azide and glycerol. The carrier-free buffer and high concentration allow for increased conjugation efficiency.
This conjugation-ready format is designed for use with fluorochromes, metal isotopes, oligonucleotides, and enzymes, which makes them ideal for antibody labelling, functional and cell-based assays, flow-based assays (e.g. mass cytometry) and Multiplex Imaging applications.
Use our conjugation kits for antibody conjugates that are ready-to-use in as little as 20 minutes with <1 minute hands-on-time and 100% antibody recovery: available for fluorescent dyes, HRP, biotin and gold.
This product is compatible with the Maxpar® Antibody Labeling Kit from Fluidigm, without the need for antibody preparation. Maxpar® is a trademark of Fluidigm Canada Inc.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Our Low endotoxin, azide-free formats have low endotoxin level (≤ 1 EU/ml, determined by the LAL assay) and are free from azide, to achieve consistent experimental results in functional assays.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab225540 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
FunctionMay regulate apoptosis, cell proliferation and cell differentiation. Binds beta-galactoside and a wide array of complex carbohydrates. Inhibits CD45 protein phosphatase activity and therefore the dephosphorylation of Lyn kinase.
Tissue specificityExpressed in placenta, maternal decidua and fetal membranes. Within placenta, expressed in trophoblasts, stromal cells, villous endothelium, syncytiotrophoblast apical membrane and villous stroma. Within fetal membranes, expressed in amnion, chorioamniotic mesenchyma and chorion (at protein level). Expressed in cardiac, smooth, and skeletal muscle, neurons, thymus, kidney and hematopoietic cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 galectin domain.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- 14 kDa laminin-binding protein antibody
- 14 kDa lectin antibody
- Beta galactoside binding lectin antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab225540 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Pereira PM et al. Galactodendritic phthalocyanine targets carbohydrate-binding proteins enhancing photodynamic therapy. PLoS One 9:e95529 (2014). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 24763311
- Gurel Z et al. Identification of O-GlcNAc modification targets in mouse retinal pericytes: implication of p53 in pathogenesis of diabetic retinopathy. PLoS One 9:e95561 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24788674
- Lee YJ et al. Spatial and temporal expression, and statin responsiveness of galectin-1 and galectin-3 in murine atherosclerosis. Korean Circ J 43:223-30 (2013). WB, IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 23682281
- Miwa HE et al. Bisected, complex N-glycans and galectins in mouse mammary tumor progression and human breast cancer. Glycobiology 23:1477-90 (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 24037315