Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3205] to Galectin 1 - Low endotoxin, Azide free
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Galectin 1 antibody [EPR3205] - Low endotoxin, Azide free
See all Galectin 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3205] to Galectin 1 - Low endotoxin, Azide free
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human Galectin 1
- HL60 cell lysate, K562 cell lysate, NIH 3T3 cell lysate, mouse heart tissue lysate, mouse kidney cell lysate, mouse spleen cell lysate, rat heart tissue lysate, rat kidney tissue lysate.
ab225540 is a carrier-free antibody designed for use in antibody labeling, including fluorochromes, metal isotopes, oligonucleotides, enzymes.
Our Low endotoxin, azide-free formats have low endotoxin level (≤ 1 EU/ml, determined by the LAL assay) and are free from azide, to achieve consistent experimental results in functional assays.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab225540 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionMay regulate apoptosis, cell proliferation and cell differentiation. Binds beta-galactoside and a wide array of complex carbohydrates. Inhibits CD45 protein phosphatase activity and therefore the dephosphorylation of Lyn kinase.
Tissue specificityExpressed in placenta, maternal decidua and fetal membranes. Within placenta, expressed in trophoblasts, stromal cells, villous endothelium, syncytiotrophoblast apical membrane and villous stroma. Within fetal membranes, expressed in amnion, chorioamniotic mesenchyma and chorion (at protein level). Expressed in cardiac, smooth, and skeletal muscle, neurons, thymus, kidney and hematopoietic cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 galectin domain.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- 14 kDa laminin-binding protein antibody
- 14 kDa lectin antibody
- Beta galactoside binding lectin antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab225540 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Pereira PM et al. Galactodendritic phthalocyanine targets carbohydrate-binding proteins enhancing photodynamic therapy. PLoS One 9:e95529 (2014). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 24763311
- Gurel Z et al. Identification of O-GlcNAc modification targets in mouse retinal pericytes: implication of p53 in pathogenesis of diabetic retinopathy. PLoS One 9:e95561 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24788674
- Lee YJ et al. Spatial and temporal expression, and statin responsiveness of galectin-1 and galectin-3 in murine atherosclerosis. Korean Circ J 43:223-30 (2013). WB, IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 23682281
- Miwa HE et al. Bisected, complex N-glycans and galectins in mouse mammary tumor progression and human breast cancer. Glycobiology 23:1477-90 (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 24037315