Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Galectin 3
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Galectin 3 antibody
See all Galectin 3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Galectin 3
SpecificityGalectin 3 antibody detects endogenous levels of total Galectin 3 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Galectin 3 (internal sequence). The immunogen is in the range of aa 141-190.
Database link: P17931
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53082 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 26 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionGalactose-specific lectin which binds IgE. May mediate with the alpha-3, beta-1 integrin the stimulation by CSPG4 of endothelial cells migration. Together with DMBT1, required for terminal differentiation of columnar epithelial cells during early embryogenesis.
Tissue specificityA major expression is found in the colonic epithelium. It is also abundant in the activated macrophages.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 galectin domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasmic in adenomas and carcinomas. May be secreted by a non-classical secretory pathway and associate with the cell surface.
- Information by UniProt
- 35 kDa lectin antibody
- Carbohydrate binding protein 35 antibody
- Carbohydrate-binding protein 35 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma tissue using ab53082 at 1/50 dilution, with and without blocking peptide (ab53082 immunogen).
All lanes : Anti-Galectin 3 antibody (ab53082) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Hela cell extract with no blocking peptide
Lane 2 : Hela cell extract with blocking peptide (ab53082 immunogen)
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
Observed band size: 26 kDa
ab53082 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Jiang Q et al. Erythrocyte-cancer hybrid membrane-camouflaged melanin nanoparticles for enhancing photothermal therapy efficacy in tumors. Biomaterials 192:292-308 (2019). PubMed: 30465973
- Stojanovic B et al. Galectin-3 Deficiency Facilitates TNF-a-Dependent Hepatocyte Death and Liver Inflammation in MCMV Infection. Front Microbiol 10:185 (2019). PubMed: 30800112
- Liu B et al. Recombinant human growth hormone treatment of mice suppresses inflammation and apoptosis caused by skin flap ischemia-reperfusion injury. J Cell Biochem 120:18162-18171 (2019). PubMed: 31144385
- Jin H et al. Local Delivery of miR-21 Stabilizes Fibrous Caps in Vulnerable Atherosclerotic Lesions. Mol Ther 26:1040-1055 (2018). PubMed: 29503197
- Vidal PM et al. Delayed decompression exacerbates ischemia-reperfusion injury in cervical compressive myelopathy. JCI Insight 2:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28570271