Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1G3] to galectin 9/Gal-9
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-galectin 9/Gal-9 antibody [1G3]
See all galectin 9/Gal-9 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1G3] to galectin 9/Gal-9
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human galectin 9/Gal-9 (C terminal). Recombinant fragment produced in E. coli
- Recombinant galectin 9/Gal-9 protein This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal Tonsil
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Some batches contain 6.97% L-Arginine as a stabilizing agent. For lot-specific buffer information, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab153673 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionBinds galactosides. Has high affinity for the Forssman pentasaccharide. May play a role in thymocyte-epithelial interactions relevant to the biology of the thymus. Inhibits cell proliferation. It is a ligand for HAVCR2/TIM3. Induces T-helper type 1 lymphocyte (Th1) death. Isoform Short acts as an eosinophil chemoattractant.
Tissue specificityPeripheral blood leukocytes and lymphatic tissues. Overexpressed in Hodgkin disease tissue.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 galectin domains.
DomainContains two homologous but distinct carbohydrate-binding domains.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Secreted. May also be secreted by a non-classical secretory pathway.
- Information by UniProt
- 36 kDa beta-galactoside-binding lectin antibody
- Ecalectin antibody
- Gal-9 antibody
IHC image of galectin 9/Gal-9 staining in Human normal Tonsil formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section*, performed on a Leica Bond™ system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab153673, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
All lanes : Anti-galectin 9/Gal-9 antibody [1G3] (ab153673) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa transfected with galectin 9 / Gal-9 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (wild type control) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-mouse IgG polyclonal antibody (HRP conjugated) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Additional bands at: 18 kDa, 35 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
ab153673 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Xu D et al. PD-L1 Expression Is Regulated By NF-?B During EMT Signaling In Gastric Carcinoma. Onco Targets Ther 12:10099-10105 (2019). PubMed: 31819504
- Schulz H et al. Overall Survival of Ovarian Cancer Patients Is Determined by Expression of Galectins-8 and -9. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29361803
- Enninga EAL et al. CD206-positive myeloid cells bind galectin-9 and promote a tumor-supportive microenvironment. J Pathol 245:468-477 (2018). PubMed: 29732570
- Feng J et al. Interferon-Stimulated Gene (ISG)-Expression Screening Reveals the Specific Antibunyaviral Activity of ISG20. J Virol 92:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29695422
- Barjon C et al. A novel monoclonal antibody for detection of galectin-9 in tissue sections: application to human tissues infected by oncogenic viruses. Infect Agent Cancer 7:16 (2012). WB, IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 22805533