Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2A3] to gamma Actin
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Human, Pig, Zebrafish
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-gamma Actin antibody [2A3]
See all gamma Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2A3] to gamma Actin
This antibody does not cross react with other actin isoforms. The epitope recognized by ab123034 is highly conserved and the antibody is therefore expected to react with many other species.
This antibody is highly specific for gamma-cytoplasmic actin (γ-actin 1; encoded by ACTG1). It does not cross-react with the gamma-actin isoform expressed in the enteric smooth muscle tissues (γ-actin 2; encoded by ACTG2).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Human, Pig, Zebrafish
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
- ICC/IF: Human dermal fibroblast cells. IHC-P: Human small intestine tissue.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab123034 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTG1 are the cause of deafness autosomal dominant type 20 (DFNA20) [MIM:604717]; also called autosomal dominant deafness type 26 (DFNA26). DFNA20 is a form of sensorineural hearing loss. Sensorineural deafness results from damage to the neural receptors of the inner ear, the nerve pathways to the brain, or the area of the brain that receives sound information.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
modificationsThe methylhistidine determined by Bienvenut et al is assumed to be the tele-methylhistidine isomer by similarity to the mouse ortholog.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- ACT antibody
- ACTB antibody
- ACTG antibody
Human dermal fibroblasts stained for gamma Actin (green) using ab123034 at 1/500 dilution in ICC/IF.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded Human small intestine tissue labelled with Anti-gamma Actin antibody [2A3] at 5 μg/ml
ab123034 (1:1000 dilution) stainign gamma Actin in the epithelial villi and smooth muscle cells in swine colon.
ab123034 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Zheng Z et al. NR4A1 promotes TNF-a-induced chondrocyte death and migration injury via activating the AMPK/Drp1/mitochondrial fission pathway. Int J Mol Med 45:151-161 (2020). PubMed: 31746366
- Rebowski G et al. Mechanism of actin N-terminal acetylation. Sci Adv 6:eaay8793 (2020). PubMed: 32284999
- Yin C et al. Heat exposure impairs porcine oocyte quality with suppressed actin expression in cumulus cells and disrupted F-actin formation in transzonal projections. J Anim Sci Biotechnol 11:71 (2020). PubMed: 32647569
- Werner CT et al. Ubiquitin-proteasomal regulation of chromatin remodeler INO80 in the nucleus accumbens mediates persistent cocaine craving. Sci Adv 5:eaay0351 (2019). PubMed: 31633032
- Yan Y et al. RRAD suppresses the Warburg effect by downregulating ACTG1 in hepatocellular carcinoma. Onco Targets Ther 12:1691-1703 (2019). PubMed: 30881024