Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [14.G2a] to Ganglioside GD2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Ganglioside GD2 antibody [14.G2a]
See all Ganglioside GD2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [14.G2a] to Ganglioside GD2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 30/Aug/19. Lot numbers higher than GR3295317 are from tissue culture supernatant. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1.45% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68456 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
RelevanceGangliosides are a group of galactose-containing cerebrosides found in the surface membranes of nerve cells. Ganglioside GD2 is a disialoganglioside expressed on tumors of neuroectodermal origin, including human neuroblastoma and melanoma, with highly restricted expression on normal tissues, principally to the cerebellum and peripheral nerves in humans. GD2 is a suitable target for immunotherapy with monoclonal antibodies or with artificial T cell receptors due to its relatively tumor specific expression.
- Disialoganglioside GD2 antibody
ab68456 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Tsujimoto T et al. An acellular bioresorbable ultra-purified alginate gel promotes intervertebral disc repair: A preclinical proof-of-concept study. EBioMedicine 37:521-534 (2018). PubMed: 30389504
- Dewald JH et al. TNF differentially regulates ganglioside biosynthesis and expression in breast cancer cell lines. PLoS One 13:e0196369 (2018). PubMed: 29698439
- Feng X et al. Expression of EMT markers and mode of surgery are prognostic in phyllodes tumors of the breast. Oncotarget 8:33365-33374 (2017). PubMed: 28380418
- Orsi G et al. GD2 expression in breast cancer. Oncotarget 8:31592-31600 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 28415563
- Matarrese P et al. Evidence for the involvement of GD3 ganglioside in autophagosome formation and maturation. Autophagy 10:750-65 (2014). PubMed: 24589479
- Tarek N et al. Unlicensed NK cells target neuroblastoma following anti-GD2 antibody treatment. J Clin Invest 122:3260-70 (2012). PubMed: 22863621
- Battula VL et al. Ganglioside GD2 identifies breast cancer stem cells and promotes tumorigenesis. J Clin Invest 122:2066-78 (2012). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 22585577