Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to GAP43
- Suitable for: ICC
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgY
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-GAP43 antibody
See all GAP43 primary antibodies
DescriptionChicken polyclonal to GAP43
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
A synthetic peptide, conjugated to KLH, corresponding to a region within the C-terminal amino acids of Mouse GAP43.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesIgY fractions were purified from the yolks
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab134019 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/1000 - 1/2000.
1/1000 - 1/2000.
FunctionThis protein is associated with nerve growth. It is a major component of the motile "growth cones" that form the tips of elongating axons.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the neuromodulin family.
Contains 1 IQ domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation of this protein by a protein kinase C is specifically correlated with certain forms of synaptic plasticity.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell projection > growth cone membrane. Cell junction > synapse. Cytoplasmic surface of growth cone and synaptic plasma membranes.
- Information by UniProt
- Axonal membrane protein GAP 43 antibody
- Axonal membrane protein GAP-43 antibody
- B 50 antibody
ab134019 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Armelin-Correa LM et al. Nuclear compartmentalization of odorant receptor genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:2782-7 (2014). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 24550308