Product nameAnti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] - Loading Control (HRP)
See all GAPDH primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR16884] to GAPDH - Loading Control (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow, Dog, Monkey
Recombinant fragment within Mouse GAPDH aa 1-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P16858
- WB: Human fetal brain, Mouse brain, Rat brain tissue lysates; HeLa, NIH3T3, C6 cell lysates. IHC-P: FFPE human skeletal muscle (normal) tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.1% Proclin
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA, 30% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] - Loading Control (ab181603)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] - BSA and Azide free (ab199554)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab204276)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab204480)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab206373)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] (Alexa Fluor® 555) (ab206629)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] (Alexa Fluor® 568) (ab208145)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] (Phycoerythrin) (ab209037)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab204481 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Information by UniProt
- 38 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate antibody
- aging associated gene 9 protein antibody
- Aging-associated gene 9 protein antibody
IHC image of GAPDH staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded normal human skeletal muscle*, performed on a Leica BONDTM. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20mins. The section was then incubated with ab204481, 1/100 dilution, for 15 mins at room temperature. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX. The inset negative control image is taken from an identical assay without primary antibody.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
All lanes : Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] - Loading Control (HRP) (ab204481) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - fetal normal tissue at 20 µg
Lane 2 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Lane 3 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Lane 4 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Lane 5 : NIH 3T3 (Mouse) Whole Cell Lysate at 20 µg
Lane 6 : C6 (Rat glioma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 36 kDa
Exposure time: 4 seconds
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 2% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab204481 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
This product has been referenced in:
- Lu J et al. Rapamycin-induced autophagy attenuates hormone-imbalance-induced chronic non-bacterial prostatitis in rats via the inhibition of NLRP3 inflammasome-mediated inflammation. Mol Med Rep N/A:N/A (2018). Read more (PubMed: 30483781) »
- Zhang Q et al. Roles of miR-138 and ISG15 in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Exp Ther Med 14:2329-2334 (2017). WB . Read more (PubMed: 28962163) »