Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6256] to GAPDH - Loading Control (HRP)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: HRP
Product nameAnti-GAPDH antibody [EPR6256] - Loading Control (HRP)
See all GAPDH primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6256] to GAPDH - Loading Control (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human GAPDH aa 250-350. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P04406
- WB: 293T, HeLa, HepG2, HUVEC, MCF7 or SH SY5Y cell lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% 10% Proclin 300 Solution
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR6256] - Loading Control (ab128915)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR6256] - BSA and Azide free (ab186930)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR6256] - Loading Control (Biotin) (ab195904)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR6256] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab215227)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR6256] (PerCP) (ab216377)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR6256] (APC) (ab221270)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab185059 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Information by UniProt
- 38 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate antibody
- aging associated gene 9 protein antibody
- Aging-associated gene 9 protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR6256] - Loading Control (HRP) (ab185059) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 2 seconds
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 5% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab185059 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was visualised using ECL development solution ab133406
ab185059 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Huang P et al. Circular RNA cSMARCA5 regulates the progression of cervical cancer by acting as a microRNA-432 sponge. Mol Med Rep 21:1217-1223 (2020). PubMed: 31922210
- Magic Z et al. Ephrin-B2 inhibits cell proliferation and motility in vitro and predicts longer metastasis-free survival in breast cancer. Int J Oncol 55:1275-1286 (2019). PubMed: 31638179
- Elmusrati AA et al. Cancer-associated fibroblasts promote bone invasion in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer 117:867-875 (2017). PubMed: 28742795
- Nagakannan P & Eftekharpour E Differential redox sensitivity of cathepsin B and L holds the key to autophagy-apoptosis interplay after Thioredoxin reductase inhibition in nutritionally stressed SH-SY5Y cells. Free Radic Biol Med 108:819-831 (2017). PubMed: 28478025
- Phuong TTT et al. Calcium influx through TRPV4 channels modulates the adherens contacts between retinal microvascular endothelial cells. J Physiol 595:6869-6885 (2017). PubMed: 28949006