Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to GAPDH - Loading Control
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgY
Product nameAnti-GAPDH antibody - Loading Control
See all GAPDH primary antibodies
DescriptionChicken polyclonal to GAPDH - Loading Control
SpecificityAb14247 recognises GAPDH.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human GAPDH aa 51-290.
Database link: P04406
- 293 cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14247 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Information by UniProt
- 38 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate antibody
- aging associated gene 9 protein antibody
- Aging-associated gene 9 protein antibody
ab14247 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Cha Y et al. MicroRNA-140-5p suppresses cell proliferation and invasion in gastric cancer by targeting WNT1 in the WNT/ß-catenin signaling pathway. Oncol Lett 16:6369-6376 (2018). PubMed: 30405773
- Leucker TM et al. Cystathionine ?-lyase protects vascular endothelium: a role for inhibition of histone deacetylase 6. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 312:H711-H720 (2017). PubMed: 28188215
- Moeton M et al. GFAP isoforms control intermediate filament network dynamics, cell morphology, and focal adhesions. Cell Mol Life Sci 73:4101-20 (2016). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 27141937
- Li J et al. Inhibitory effects of B-cell lymphoma 2 on the vasculogenic mimicry of hypoxic human glioma cells. Exp Ther Med 9:977-981 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25667663
- Sharma P et al. Evolutionarily conserved intercalated disc protein Tmem65 regulates cardiac conduction and connexin 43 function. Nat Commun 6:8391 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26403541
- Elschenbroich S et al. Peptide separations by on-line MudPIT compared to isoelectric focusing in an off-gel format: application to a membrane-enriched fraction from C2C12 mouse skeletal muscle cells. J Proteome Res 8:4860-9 (2009). PubMed: 19670906