Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GAPDH - Loading Control
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Baboon
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GAPDH antibody - Loading Control
See all GAPDH primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GAPDH - Loading Control
SpecificityCan be used for the detection of GAPDH.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Baboon
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human GAPDH aa 60-110 (N terminal). Synthetic peptide, corresponding to 16 N terminal amino acids of Human GAPDH
Database link: P04406
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesGAPDH Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37168 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Information by UniProt
- 38 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate antibody
- aging associated gene 9 protein antibody
- Aging-associated gene 9 protein antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-GAPDH antibody - Loading Control (ab37168) at 0.125 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-GAPDH antibody - Loading Control (ab37168) at 0.25 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-GAPDH antibody - Loading Control (ab37168) at 0.5 µg/ml
All lanes : HeLa cell lysate with GAPDH peptide
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : anti-rabbit IgG HRP at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 36 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab37168 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab37168, 1mg/ml) overnight at +4øC. The secondary antibody (green) was anti-rabbit Alexa Fluor® 488 (ab150077) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43æM.
ICC/IF image of ab37168 stained Hela cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab37168, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was anti-Rabbit DyLight® 488 pre-adsorbed (ab96899) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunofluorescence of GAPDH in HeLa cells using ab37168 at 10 ug/ml.
ab37168 at 10µg/ml staining GAPDH in human liver tissue by IHC
ab37168 has been referenced in 253 publications.
- Xiong Y et al. IL-10 induces MC3T3-E1 cells differentiation towards osteoblastic fate in murine model. J Cell Mol Med 24:1076-1086 (2020). PubMed: 31755174
- Ivanova D et al. CtBP1-Mediated Membrane Fission Contributes to Effective Recycling of Synaptic Vesicles. Cell Rep 30:2444-2459.e7 (2020). PubMed: 32075774
- Luo M & Liang C LncRNA LINC00483 promotes gastric cancer development through regulating MAPK1 expression by sponging miR-490-3p. Biol Res 53:14 (2020). PubMed: 32293550
- Li T et al. MicroRNA-206 inhibition and activation of the AMPK/Nampt signalling pathway enhance sevoflurane post-conditioning-induced amelioration of myocardial ischaemia/reperfusion injury. J Drug Target 28:80-91 (2020). PubMed: 31092059
- Zhao J et al. Epigenetic activation of FOXF1 confers cancer stem cell properties to cisplatin-resistant non-small cell lung cancer. Int J Oncol 56:1083-1092 (2020). PubMed: 32319573