Product nameAnti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] - Loading Control (HRP)
See all GAPDH primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam 9484] to GAPDH - Loading Control (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Human, Xenopus laevis, Chinese hamster
Full length native protein from human erythrocytes.
- WB: HeLa, HEK-293, NIH/3T3 and PC-12 whole cell lysates.
According to our customer's feedback this antibody does not recognise meningococcal GapA1 or GapA2 (GAPDH) recombinant proteins.
This antibody has been conjugated with HRP. The concentration of the original antibody was 1 mg/ml, following conjugation the concentration observed will be higher.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
Clone numbermAbcam 9484
Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] - BSA and Azide free (ab174646)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] - Loading Control (Alexa Fluor® 680) (ab184095)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] - Loading Control (Alexa Fluor® 790) (ab184578)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab196697)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] - Loading Control (ab9484)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
- GAPDH ELISA Kit (ab176642)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9482 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 40.2 kDa).
NOT SUITABLE for blocking with milk. Block in 5% BSA for 1 hour. Our labs have thoroughly investigated the blocking conditions for this ab following concerning customer feedback on the lack of signal with some vials. We found that milk significantly decreases signal and is therefore not a suitable blocking agent for this ab (see images of our tests on the datasheet of the unconjugated version, ab9484). This change in characteristics of the ab is due to a recent update to the production process.
FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Information by UniProt
- 38 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate antibody
- aging associated gene 9 protein antibody
- Aging-associated gene 9 protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] - Loading Control (HRP) (ab9482) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Hek293 Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : NIH 3T3 Whole Cel lLysate
Lane 4 : PC12 Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 40.2 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 4 minutes
This product has been referenced in:
- Chang HC et al. Bhlhe40 differentially regulates the function and number of peroxisomes and mitochondria in myogenic cells. Redox Biol 20:321-333 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30391825) »
- Fang S et al. Osteogenic effect of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell-derived exosomes on steroid-induced osteonecrosis of the femoral head. Drug Des Devel Ther 13:45-55 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30587927) »