Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GARS
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GARS antibody
See all GARS primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GARS
SpecificityThis antibody reacts specifically with 79kDa GARS protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human)
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42905 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/3000 - 1/10000.|
|WB||1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa.|
RelevanceGARS synthetase catalyzes the ligation of glycine with glycyl-tRNA using ATP and its mutation induces Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) disease.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Mitochondrion.
- AP 4 A synthetase antibody
- Charcot Marie Tooth neuropathy 2D antibody
- Charcot Marie Tooth neuropathy neuronal type D antibody
Anti-GARS antibody (ab42905) at 1/5000 dilution + whole cell lysate prepared from HEK293 cells at 50 µg/ml
Goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 83 kDa
Observed band size: 75 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ICC/IF image of ab42905 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab42905, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab42905 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Thompson LL et al. Reduced SKP1 Expression Induces Chromosome Instability through Aberrant Cyclin E1 Protein Turnover. Cancers (Basel) 12:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32106628
- Morelli KH et al. Allele-specific RNA interference prevents neuropathy in Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2D mouse models. J Clin Invest 129:5568-5583 (2019). PubMed: 31557132
- Shorrock HK et al. UBA1/GARS-dependent pathways drive sensory-motor connectivity defects in spinal muscular atrophy. Brain 141:2878-2894 (2018). PubMed: 30239612
- Malty RH et al. A Map of Human Mitochondrial Protein Interactions Linked to Neurodegeneration Reveals New Mechanisms of Redox Homeostasis and NF-?B Signaling. Cell Syst 5:564-577.e12 (2017). PubMed: 29128334
- Boulos S et al. Serine 207 phosphorylated lysyl-tRNA synthetase predicts disease-free survival of non-small-cell lung carcinoma. Oncotarget 8:65186-65198 (2017). PubMed: 29029422
- Malissovas N et al. Dimerization is required for GARS-mediated neurotoxicity in dominant CMT disease. Hum Mol Genet 25:1528-42 (2016). PubMed: 27008886
- Niehues S et al. Impaired protein translation in Drosophila models for Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy caused by mutant tRNA synthetases. Nat Commun 6:7520 (2015). PubMed: 26138142
- Stum M et al. An assessment of mechanisms underlying peripheral axonal degeneration caused by aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase mutations. Mol Cell Neurosci 46:432-43 (2011). PubMed: 21115117
- Motley WW et al. Charcot-Marie-Tooth-linked mutant GARS is toxic to peripheral neurons independent of wild-type GARS levels. PLoS Genet 7:e1002399 (2011). WB, IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 22144914
- Vellaichamy A et al. Proteomic interrogation of androgen action in prostate cancer cells reveals roles of aminoacyl tRNA synthetases. PLoS One 4:e7075 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19763266