Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GARS
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GARS antibody
See all GARS primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GARS
SpecificityThis antibody reacts specifically with 79kDa GARS protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42905 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/3000 - 1/10000.|
|WB||1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa.|
RelevanceGARS synthetase catalyzes the ligation of glycine with glycyl-tRNA using ATP and its mutation induces Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) disease.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Mitochondrion.
- AP 4 A synthetase antibody
- Charcot Marie Tooth neuropathy 2D antibody
- Charcot Marie Tooth neuropathy neuronal type D antibody
Anti-GARS antibody (ab42905) at 1/5000 dilution + whole cell lysate prepared from HEK293 cells at 50 µg/ml
Goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 83 kDa
Observed band size: 75 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ICC/IF image of ab42905 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab42905, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab42905 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Shorrock HK et al. UBA1/GARS-dependent pathways drive sensory-motor connectivity defects in spinal muscular atrophy. Brain 141:2878-2894 (2018). PubMed: 30239612
- Malty RH et al. A Map of Human Mitochondrial Protein Interactions Linked to Neurodegeneration Reveals New Mechanisms of Redox Homeostasis and NF-?B Signaling. Cell Syst 5:564-577.e12 (2017). PubMed: 29128334
- Boulos S et al. Serine 207 phosphorylated lysyl-tRNA synthetase predicts disease-free survival of non-small-cell lung carcinoma. Oncotarget 8:65186-65198 (2017). PubMed: 29029422
- Malissovas N et al. Dimerization is required for GARS-mediated neurotoxicity in dominant CMT disease. Hum Mol Genet 25:1528-42 (2016). PubMed: 27008886
- Niehues S et al. Impaired protein translation in Drosophila models for Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy caused by mutant tRNA synthetases. Nat Commun 6:7520 (2015). PubMed: 26138142
- Stum M et al. An assessment of mechanisms underlying peripheral axonal degeneration caused by aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase mutations. Mol Cell Neurosci 46:432-43 (2011). PubMed: 21115117
- Motley WW et al. Charcot-Marie-Tooth-linked mutant GARS is toxic to peripheral neurons independent of wild-type GARS levels. PLoS Genet 7:e1002399 (2011). WB, IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 22144914
- Vellaichamy A et al. Proteomic interrogation of androgen action in prostate cancer cells reveals roles of aminoacyl tRNA synthetases. PLoS One 4:e7075 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19763266