Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GAS 6
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GAS 6 antibody
See all GAS 6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GAS 6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide derived from an internal region of Human GAS 6.
- HT29 cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 0.88% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol
PBS is without Mg2+ and Ca2+.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab136249 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by immunogenic peptide affinity-chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab136249 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 80 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionLigand for tyrosine-protein kinase receptors AXL, TYRO3 and MER whose signaling is implicated in cell growth and survival, cell adhesion and cell migration. GAS6/AXL signaling plays a role in various processes such as endothelial cell survival during acidification by preventing apoptosis, optimal cytokine signaling during human natural killer cell development, hepatic regeneration, gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuron survival and migration, platelet activation, or regulation of thrombotic responses.
Tissue specificityPlasma. Isoform 1 and isoform 2 are widely expressed. Isoform 1 is the predominant form in spleen.
Sequence similaritiesContains 4 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 Gla (gamma-carboxy-glutamate) domain.
Contains 2 laminin G-like domains.
modificationsIsoform 1 is proteolytically processed after secretion to yield a N-terminal 36 kDa protein and a C-terminal 50 kDa protein including the laminin G-like domains which activates AXL.
Gamma-carboxyglutamate residues are formed by vitamin K dependent carboxylation. These residues are essential for the binding of calcium.
- Information by UniProt
- AXL receptor tyrosine kinase ligand antibody
- AXL stimulatory factor antibody
- AXLLG antibody
ab136249 staining GAS 6 in Human primary monocytes by Flow Cytometry. The sample was incubated with the undiluted primary antibody for 1 hour at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor®647-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
Anti-GAS 6 antibody (ab136249) at 1/500 dilution + HT29 cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 80 kDa
ab136249 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Li J et al. Effect of long non-coding RNA Gas5 on proliferation, migration, invasion and apoptosis of colorectal cancer HT-29 cell line. Cancer Cell Int 18:4 (2018). PubMed: 29308053
- Geng K et al. Requirement of Gamma-Carboxyglutamic Acid Modification and Phosphatidylserine Binding for the Activation of Tyro3, Axl, and Mertk Receptors by Growth Arrest-Specific 6. Front Immunol 8:1521 (2017). PubMed: 29176978
- Tian W et al. A prognostic risk model for patients with triple negative breast cancer based on stromal natural killer cells, tumor-associated macrophages and growth-arrest specific protein 6. Cancer Sci 107:882-9 (2016). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 27145494
- Meyer AS et al. The AXL Receptor is a Sensor of Ligand Spatial Heterogeneity. Cell Syst 1:25-36 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26236777