Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Gastrin Releasing Peptide
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Gastrin Releasing Peptide antibody
See all Gastrin Releasing Peptide primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Gastrin Releasing Peptide
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
Synthetic GRP conjugated to BSA by a Glutaraldehyde linker.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
FunctionGRP stimulates gastrin release as well as other gastrointestinal hormones. Operates as a negative feedback regulating fear and established a causal relationship between GRP-receptor gene expression, long-term potentiation, and amygdala-dependent memory for fear.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bombesin/neuromedin-B/ranatensin family.
- Information by UniProt
- BN antibody
- Bombesin antibody
- GRP antibody
ab22623 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Tattersall M et al. Expression of gastrin-releasing peptide is increased by prolonged stretch of human myometrium, and antagonists of its receptor inhibit contractility. J Physiol 590:2081-93 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22411014
- Rovsing L et al. A neuroanatomical and physiological study of the non-image forming visual system of the cone-rod homeobox gene (Crx) knock out mouse. Brain Res 1343:54-65 (2010). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 20438719
- Geoghegan D & Carter DA A novel site of adult doublecortin expression: neuropeptide neurons within the suprachiasmatic nucleus circadian clock. BMC Neurosci 9:2 (2008). IHC-Fr ; Rat . PubMed: 18177494
- Taglia L et al. Gastrin-releasing peptide mediates its morphogenic properties in human colon cancer by upregulating intracellular adhesion protein-1 (ICAM-1) via focal adhesion kinase. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G182-90 (2007). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 16920698