Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GATA1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GATA1 antibody
See all GATA1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GATA1
Specificityab28839 recognises GATA-1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human GATA1 around the phosphorylation site of Serine 142.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Corresponding phospho antibody
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28839 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 43 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionTranscriptional activator which probably serves as a general switch factor for erythroid development. It binds to DNA sites with the consensus sequence [AT]GATA[AG] within regulatory regions of globin genes and of other genes expressed in erythroid cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GATA1 are the cause of X-linked dyserythropoietic anemia and thrombocytopenia (XDAT) [MIM:300367]. XDAT is a disorder characterized by erythrocytes with abnormal size and shape, and paucity of platelets in peripheral blood. The bone marrow contains abundant and abnormally small megakaryocytes.
Defects in GATA1 are the cause of X-linked thrombocytopenia with beta-thalassemia (XLTT) [MIM:314050]; also knwon as thrombocytopenia, platelet dysfunction, hemolysis, and imbalanced globin synthesis. XLTT consists of an unusual form of thrombocytopenia with beta-thalassemia. Patients have splenomegaly and petechiae, moderate thrombocytopenia, prolonged bleeding time due to platelet dysfunction, reticulocytosis and unbalanced hemoglobin chain synthesis resembling that of beta-thalassemia minor.
Defects in GATA1 are the cause of anemia without thrombocytopenia X-linked (XLAWT) [MIM:300835]. XLAWT is a form of anemia characterized by abnormal morphology of erythrocytes and granulocytes in peripheral blood, bone marrow dysplasia with hypocellularity of erythroid and granulocytic lineages, and normal or increased number of megakaryocytes. Neutropenia of a variable degree is present in affected individuals.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 GATA-type zinc fingers.
DomainThe two fingers are functionally distinct and cooperate to achieve specific, stable DNA binding. The first finger is necessary only for full specificity and stability of binding, whereas the second one is required for binding.
modificationsHighly phosphorylated on serine residues. Phosphorylation on Ser-310 is enhanced on erythroid differentiation. Phosphorylation on Ser-142 promotes sumoylation on Lys-137.
Sumoylation on Lys-137 is enhanced by phosphorylation on Ser-142 and by interaction with PIAS4. Sumoylation by SUMO1 has no effect on transcriptional activity.
- Information by UniProt
- Anemia, X-linked, without thrombocytopenia, included antibody
- ERYF 1 antibody
- Eryf1 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded breast carcinoma. Left: Using GATA-1(Ab-1) Antibody (ab28839); Right: The same antibody preincubated with synthesized peptide.
All lanes : Anti-GATA1 antibody (ab28839) (1/500-1/1000 dilution)
All lanes : extracts from K562 cells (5-30ug).
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Observed band size: 43 kDa
Western blot analysis of extracts from K562 cells. Line1: Using GATA-1 antibody (ab28839); Line2: The same antibody preincubated with synthesized peptide.
ab28839 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Chang Z et al. GATA1 Promotes Gemcitabine Resistance in Pancreatic Cancer through Antiapoptotic Pathway. J Oncol 2019:9474273 (2019). PubMed: 31093285
- Shi G et al. GATA1 gene silencing inhibits invasion, proliferation and migration of cholangiocarcinoma stem cells via disrupting the PI3K/AKT pathway. Onco Targets Ther 12:5335-5354 (2019). PubMed: 31456644
- Xu E et al. Hypoxia-Inducible Factor 1A Upregulates HMGN5 by Increasing the Expression of GATA1 and Plays a Role in Osteosarcoma Metastasis. Biomed Res Int 2019:5630124 (2019). PubMed: 31930127
- Mitra S et al. Absence of Wdr13 Gene Predisposes Mice to Mild Social Isolation - Chronic Stress, Leading to Depression-Like Phenotype Associated With Differential Expression of Synaptic Proteins. Front Mol Neurosci 11:133 (2018). PubMed: 29743870
- Esakky P et al. Testicular cells exhibit similar molecular responses to cigarette smoke condensate ex vivo and in vivo. FASEB J 32:63-72 (2018). PubMed: 28842431